Graduate looking to move to Dubai

Hello everyone,

Myself and my partner are looking to move to Dubai. I am a recent Management graduate from The University of Sheffield (2.1) and my partner is a physiotherapist (2.1) with 2 years experience. Just wondering if anyone knows what the job market is like and how easy it is to get jobs out there!? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  :)

Hello there holly7shep,

Welcome on board  :)

You will find useful resources of the website itself. Just check out the work section of the Living in United Arab Emirates Guide and the different topics under the Working in Dubai section of the forum.

Wish you good luck,
Bhavna

holly7shep, You are a UK citizen, your job in the UAE is always available and awaits you from the day you were born..

holly7shep wrote:

Hello everyone,

Myself and my partner are looking to move to Dubai. I am a recent Management graduate from The University of Sheffield (2.1) and my partner is a physiotherapist (2.1) with 2 years experience. Just wondering if anyone knows what the job market is like and how easy it is to get jobs out there!? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  :)

I suggest you both to come for a visit and try. Online applications will never help you to find jobs in this country since the recruiters are getting 1000s of responses for each vacancy notifications. More over, the companies prefer the candidates who are immediately available to overseas candidates. And I also suggest you, if you haven't married to your partner, get married and make your relationship legal. Or else it will be a problem to live together since it is illegal in this country.

Travelling to Dubai is easy but to get job is not so.

Prepare your self and let the opportunities knock your door

Availability in Dubai is not the prime  criteria to acquire job.

The opinions expressed doesn't work always.

So be careful while making decision although its your career.

Best of Luck

mofama wrote:

Travelling to Dubai is easy but to get job is not so.

Prepare your self and let the opportunities knock your door

Availability in Dubai is not the prime  criteria to acquire job.

The opinions expressed doesn't work always.

So be careful while making decision although its your career.

Best of Luck

Nationality matters. The quote by Midnight-Sam is true.

Yea personally I think it's relatively hassle free to get a job if you're coming from the UK so I agree with the others.

Have a look online at for jobs - BAYT, Gulf Talent, BAC Middle East and of course Linked In. There are always jobs but I'm not sure of exactly what you're looking for.

Degree in management of what? Hospitality? Tourism? Business? A lot of places do graduate programs if that's the kind of thing you're looking for so it's worth going on to their own careers website. Dubai is constantly expanding so their are always new opportunities.

As for physiotherapists I believe they need a DHA License but I'm not an expert so have a look into it

Hope this helps 😊

hi holly,
the job market at the moment is slow but i guess if you are smart and posses skills job are available..the market in uae and dubai is very daynamic so you can target toursim,healthcare, oil and gas, financial sector..banking...logestics..
i guess you just have to knock some doors..and apply and im sure you will get somthing..
good luck :)

Rinnie_Rambler wrote:

Yea personally I think it's relatively hassle free to get a job if you're coming from the UK so I agree with the others.

Have a look online at for jobs - BAYT, Gulf Talent, BAC Middle East and of course Linked In. There are always jobs but I'm not sure of exactly what you're looking for.

Degree in management of what? Hospitality? Tourism? Business? A lot of places do graduate programs if that's the kind of thing you're looking for so it's worth going on to their own careers website. Dubai is constantly expanding so their are always new opportunities.

As for physiotherapists I believe they need a DHA License but I'm not an expert so have a look into it

Hope this helps 😊

It's true, They need.

Hi,
I would say the better option to get your resume registered in dubizzle.com. And also highly recommend for referrals if you know know anybody who lives here.
Best of luck.
Thanks,
Harry.

Most westerners get jobs through personal contacts, and they are a preferred lot than non westerners.