Cost of living in Toronto

Hi All,

I am living in Delhi (India) with my family and planning to apply for visa in Canada and my proffered city would be Toronto. Can someone help me understand what is the cost of living in toronto. Initially, i will be coming without job so planning come alone. once i get the job i will bring my wife and kid.

Thanks
Ashish

Hi Ashish,

Regarding the cost of life : We will kindly invite you to please check out the discussions on  the Cost of living in Toronto :)

And regarding work please know that we do have this section here : Jobs in Toronto and feel free to drop your resume in the work sector you feel more comfortable with :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Basement 900-1200 . Apt 1200 to 2400
Base ment w e may be shared. Apt w+ e may or may not be free , parking extra .. Which professional u r so that I could help u more

Thanks Rakesh. I am Business analyst and have around 5.5 years of experience in Banking domain.

It is expensive to live in Toronto due to housing costs.  A one bedroom apartment in a not so nice area is $1000,., maybe a bit less.  To buy a house now is around $700000.  The best job market is in Toronto

ashishpaniya:

have you got your PR?
I am also a Business Analyst with 5 years experience planning to move to toronto

True - Toronto does have more job opportunities as population size is bigger and there's where the centre of commerce is in Canada for the most part. But having lived in a smaller sized city in Canada, like Halifax, you enjoy the convenience of less and more tolerable commute to work (which means less congestion), affordable housing, out right more peaceful community to live in. You do loose out on the fact that its not near any other major cities or exciting place of interest. Unlike Toronto, you can't drive to places like Niagara, or Buffalo or many others within 1-2 hrs drive away. Halifax is about the only biggest city on the east coast. The next biggest, would require a ferry ride from Sydney NS over to Newfoundland and another 4-5 hrs drive to St Johns, NL.

Despite the isolation, I enjoy the peace of mind here. If you're in the IT industry there's lots opportunities out this way and not to worry, no one's going to compete for it as many folks want to go to Toronto - so you'll have more competition there FYI.

I am applying from lahore pakistan for safety officer training course in canada.so what will be oppertunities and living and food expences monthly