Tourist

I'm planning to travel in UAE this coming Oct 31 2015 but i was worried and feel nervous in immigration because I heard a lot of previous tourist also that they are offloaded in the airport how can i avoid it? I will be a tourist for 90 days and this is my first time to travel with in other country.  and what should be my proper answer if they ask me if i have still work here in Philippines? if i  say yes that was too long for a leave,if i say no they will think that i will be hunting a job in UAE.What will i do?

They will want to know where you are staying and how you are affording to stay for 90 days and do you have a boy friend.  You could be denied for various reasons you mentioned.

Thanks for the reply mugtech
I don't have a boy friend i will be stay in UAE with my sister because she was already employed in UAE and she is the one who will finance all my expenses. But the thing i worried about if they ask me if i still have work here in philippines if i  say yes that was too long for a leave,if i say no they will think that i will be hunting a job in UAE i dont want it to happened that it will cause of delay.

marijelle wrote:

Thanks for the reply mugtech
I don't have a boy friend i will be stay in UAE with my sister because she was already employed in UAE and she is the one who will finance all my expenses. But the thing i worried about if they ask me if i still have work here in philippines if i  say yes that was too long for a leave,if i say no they will think that i will be hunting a job in UAE i dont want it to happened that it will cause of delay.

The best thing you can do is tell the truth.  You may have to be able to prove that your sister can support you for 90 days.  If you do not have a job, saying you have a job will not help.

marijelle wrote:

I heard a lot of previous tourist also that they are offloaded in the airport how can i avoid it?

Yes, this does happen, but not as often as some people think.

However, it is worth being prepared.
Suggested wording for you to maybe use:

My sister is working is UAE, and has been there for xx years/ months.
She has asked me to visit, and I want to see what it is like there. 
My sister has said she can afford to keep me there for 3 months, and as I am not working it is an ideal opportunity for me.
Maybe after I come back home I will consider getting a work visa and go back, if I think i will like it.

Be clear that your sister is supporting you, maybe both in UAE and back home, if she is.

Copies of your sisters passport, with UAE entry stamps might be handy to have, together with a letter from your sister stating you will be staying with her, and the address.

How many get offloaded?

According to the Bureau of Immigration, about 40 Filipinos get offloaded at the Manila NAIA Terminal 1 every day for various reasons. That is almost 15,000 each year.
However, over 1 million Filipinos travel overseas each year. That means at least 985,000 of them do NOT get offloaded.
2,700+ are OK to leave each day
40 are offloaded each day
http://www.in-philippines.com/filipinos … -airports/

Such a big help ABCDiamond. Thank You

Thank You mugtech

Hello Marijelle ,
You are going to problems if you say you go vacations in UAE for .... 90 days ,,, it's too long .
The only way is to pass the immigration like a Madam , with Chanel and Dior dress , with copy of fat bank account , with copy of job contract in the phils etc .....
I f you can get invitation letter from a company in UAE ,, this is ok .   

marijelle wrote:

I'm planning to travel in UAE this coming Oct 31 2015 but i was worried and feel nervous in immigration because I heard a lot of previous tourist also that they are offloaded in the airport how can i avoid it? I will be a tourist for 90 days and this is my first time to travel with in other country.  and what should be my proper answer if they ask me if i have still work here in Philippines? if i  say yes that was too long for a leave,if i say no they will think that i will be hunting a job in UAE.What will i do?

LUC TINEYRE wrote:

Hello Marijelle ,
You are going to problems if you say you go vacations in UAE for .... 90 days ,,, it's too long .
The only way is to pass the immigration like a Madam , with Chanel and Dior dress , with copy of fat bank account , with copy of job contract in the phils etc .....
I f you can get invitation letter from a company in UAE ,, this is ok .

If she has already obtained a Visa from the UAE for that period, and satisfied all those concerns to the Government of the UAE already, would the Philippines immigration really stop her ?

This offloading policy is mainly aimed at safeguarding the young people from human trafficking.  Not to stop people visiting relatives overseas.

There are never any total guarantees, but a Visa holder, visiting a sister, has a better chance than some who have no idea what they are doing when they arrive at the airport, and can't say where they are going, who they are staying with, etc.

Visa Requirements for Philippine Passport Holders to United Arab Emirates
Invitation letter from host in the UAE:
If visiting an individual: The letter must include, in detail, clear invitation to visit; full name of host; relationship between the applicant and host; residence address and telephone number of the host; acceptance of responsibility for applicant while they are in the UAE; estimated duration of visit and reason for staying that long.

Hi Marijelle. Having a sister in UAE that will financially support you is not a guarantee, even you have the "Affidavit of Support". IO will do a background check of you and not in your sister. If you'll say you are currently employed, they will likely ask for your ITR or copy of approved leave or call your office and verify it. So just tell the truth. If you are unemployed, you need to convince them that you can still travel without the support of your sister. You need to provide a bank certificate, bank statement, credit card. They may also ask what your parents do, how many siblings are still studying. If the IO see that your family still in need of financial assistance, they will surely think that aside from visiting your sister, you will also try your luck of finding work.

drizarra wrote:

IO will do a background check of you and not in your sister..

Are you sure that the IO will do that, at the airport ?  It normally only takes a couple of minutes for most people, for the Immigration Officer to decide if a person is at risk.

None of the people I have known has ever had a background check done at the airport, but all have gone through that to get a Visa in the first place.  They don't have time at the airport to do background checks like that.

My girl friend has also travelled alone overseas, and not had problems even though not employed at the time.

BI Commissioner Siegfred Mison said the Bureau and Inter-Agency Council against Trafficking (IACAT) has come up with a set of clear-cut rules under the Guidelines on Departure Formalities for International Bound Passengers approved by the Department of Justice.
The said Guidelines were formulated by a technical working group pursuant to RA 9208 or the Anti Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003 and is in effect since January 2012.
BI Commissioner Siegfred Mison said: “Offloading is not a policy but a consequence of the implementation of the Guidelines.”

ABC , my gf has been checked by heavy interview (nearly 30 mns) before she fly from mnl to bkk (to join me) , even if she already has several stamps on passport .
I don't talk of the first interview , we were together in naia , we nearly missed the plane but could take it because the crew of air cebu pacific was simply .....so nice . 
good day

ABCDiamond wrote:
drizarra wrote:

Are you sure that the IO will do that, at the airport ?  It normally only takes a couple of minutes for most people, for the Immigration Officer to decide if a person is at risk.

None of the people I have known has ever had a background check done at the airport, but all have gone through that to get a Visa in the first place.  They don't have time at the airport to do background checks like that.

My girl friend has also travelled alone overseas, and not had problems even though not employed at the time.

BI Commissioner Siegfred Mison said the Bureau and Inter-Agency Council against Trafficking (IACAT) has come up with a set of clear-cut rules under the Guidelines on Departure Formalities for International Bound Passengers approved by the Department of Justice.
The said Guidelines were formulated by a technical working group pursuant to RA 9208 or the Anti Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003 and is in effect since January 2012.
BI Commissioner Siegfred Mison said: “Offloading is not a policy but a consequence of the implementation of the Guidelines.”

Yes , 
It can be like that or not , without any check or inquest ... it depends of the IO.

drizarra wrote:

Hi Marijelle. Having a sister in UAE that will financially support you is not a guarantee, even you have the "Affidavit of Support". IO will do a background check of you and not in your sister. If you'll say you are currently employed, they will likely ask for your ITR or copy of approved leave or call your office and verify it. So just tell the truth. If you are unemployed, you need to convince them that you can still travel without the support of your sister. You need to provide a bank certificate, bank statement, credit card. They may also ask what your parents do, how many siblings are still studying. If the IO see that your family still in need of financial assistance, they will surely think that aside from visiting your sister, you will also try your luck of finding work.

LUC TINEYRE wrote:

ABC , my gf has been checked by heavy interview (nearly 30 mns) before she fly from mnl to bkk (to join me) , even if she already has several stamps on passport .
I don't talk of the first interview , we were together in naia , we nearly missed the plane but could take it because the crew of air cebu pacific was simply .....so nice . 
good day

There is no doubt it happens.  Did yours have a pre arranged Visa, and have gone through all those checks first?  As this poster, and my visitors will have done ?  Thailand after all, allows Filipinos a 90 day entry without having to apply for a VISA.
Also, this might have been applied to your G/F: Partners and spouses of foreign nationals intending to depart to meet and/or marry his/her fiance without the CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate, will be subjected to secondary inspection.

About 40 each day out of 2,700 passengers do get stopped and refused boarding.

I've never experienced it myself, with any that have travelled either to us or with me, and that's either relatives or, more recently, girlfriends.  But then, Thailand, which you mention was your destination, is a high risk area for Trafficking, and gives rise to many secondary inspections for girls travelling with non related men.

Was yours one of the 40 that was not allowed, or in the other group of 2,660 that did board the plane.
My visitors have always been in the second group.

Its this employment check that was mentioned that will be done at the airport, that I feel is odd, as that sort of checking on Filipino passengers, especially at some times of day or night  would create massive backlogs in the airport.
But it simply does not happen to everyone.  Just those selected as at High risk.

BUT, the bottom line is that SOME ( 1 in every 65) do get refused, so best to be as prepared as possible.

ABCDiamond wrote:
drizarra wrote:

@ABCDIAMOND.. I am sure that the IO can do that! - I know what I am talking about as I have my own experience to share.. I was interviewed for almost 30 minutes and its not even related to my travel, but all related with what i do: explaining my freelance job and how i earn online, i was even asked if i pay taxes; and also asked about my family what my parents and siblings do.. it wasn't even my first trip abroad. I've been to several countries.. maybe the IO was just in the mood to kept me for a while and make me nervous =) I'm referring to IO at the back side, not the front liners... =) There is no such things as rules for some of them.. it depends in their mood... coz even i have all the documents and proofs that i can travel, and that my ticket is confirmed, IO is still in doubt and even wanted me to do a balance inquiry!!??!! ok, be my guest! =)

drizarra wrote:

[ maybe the IO was just in the mood to kept me for a while and make me nervous =) I'm referring to IO at the back side, not the front liners... =)

That is always a possibility, there is no denying that.  It happens to a few, but not to 'everyone'.

Where I disagree is when you told the OP that the Immigration Officer will do a background check on her at the airport.
This only happens in very rare cases.  Most people travel through without problems.  Your situation was a rare one, not the same as everyone else.

How many times have you travelled WITH a pre-arranged VISA, and how many of those have you been detained for over 10 minutes.

I can count 10 that I am personally aware off that have travelled and not been held up at all.

But I also know of some that travelled to Thailand, not needing a Visa, and they were questioned at length.

Thanks friend for complete and detailed reply ....
I am afraid there are no clear rules , and where you go is not so important ..... but why you go is important .
The first time we were interviewed separatly , then , together ...
My gf showed pictures on the laptop , on the fone , the private chats etc ...
When we did go to Malaysia , same .
When she flew (alone) to Singapore to join me ,, small interview again , show the proof i was there (plane ticket + hotel bookings + company letter) .
Now she has passport with many stamps , it's less problem but eventhough , she has short interview ..  :)

ABCDiamond wrote:
LUC TINEYRE wrote:

good day

There is no doubt it happens.  Did yours have a pre arranged Visa, and have gone through all those checks first?  As this poster, and my visitors will have done ?  Thailand after all, allows Filipinos a 90 day entry without having to apply for a VISA.
Also, this might have been applied to your G/F: Partners and spouses of foreign nationals intending to depart to meet and/or marry his/her fiance without the CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate, will be subjected to secondary inspection.

About 40 each day out of 2,700 passengers do get stopped and refused boarding.

I've never experienced it myself, with any that have travelled either to us or with me, and that's either relatives or, more recently, girlfriends.  But then, Thailand, which you mention was your destination, is a high risk area for Trafficking, and gives rise to many secondary inspections for girls travelling with non related men.

Was yours one of the 40 that was not allowed, or in the other group of 2,660 that did board the plane.
My visitors have always been in the second group.

Its this employment check that was mentioned that will be done at the airport, that I feel is odd, as that sort of checking on Filipino passengers, especially at some times of day or night  would create massive backlogs in the airport.
But it simply does not happen to everyone.  Just those selected as at High risk.

BUT, the bottom line is that SOME ( 1 in every 65) do get refused, so best to be as prepared as possible.

@ abcdiamond ... you disagree (that's fine) whatever you say.. i hope Mariejelles question has been answered with all the infos and opinions provided in this forum.