Moving to Mauritius 2011

Hi there

We are a family of 4 moving to Mauritius late 2011, but have a multitude of questions to ask - some i have been able to find in the other peoples' blogs but there are certainly others needing answers to.
We are planing to come over for a fact finding mission in April 2011, so if there is anyone out there who would be agreeable to meeting with us, we would be very greatful.

We would be based in Grand Baai to begin with, but looking possibly to move to the Flic and Flac area ?

This is my first time on the site, so hopefully i can get chatting soon.

Regards

Roy Alexander, Madi, Reggie and Cara.

Hi Roy!

Welcome to Expat.com!! Its a good thing you are planning to come in for a trip before you finally decide to settle here!! Am sure you would love the Island , and April will be the start of winter!
This blog was a big help to me, and am sure for a lot of Expats before they were able to land up here!! Sure as hell made my transition easier!
It would be nice meeting you and I would be glad to help in anyway I can.... But April 2011 is far out.! am sure by the time you arrive most of your queries would have been answered, and you would have made quite a few contacts and friends here!! Hopefully, most of us will be around next winter too :P

All the best!!

Take care,
Cheers
Musheer

Hi Roy.
So your thinking of comming to mauritius well done get out of uk if thats where you live, I myself moved here some 10y ago never regretted it.
Can be very diffrent from what your used to I live in the northern part of mauritius near riviere du rempart not far from grand-.
april is a good time to come for a first visit  weather just right.
can get very hot in our summer.
I would like to answer any question you have just let me know.
im on msn most nights [email protected]
all the best from the
northen lad .(old lad) lol

Hi Roy, Madi, Reggie and Cara,

There is a great article you can have a look at http://www.defimedia.info/blogs/1084/He … itius.html By the way, great PR work, Julian!

Good luck in settling down.

Olga

Thanks Olga ;)

(I received your msg regarding your blog - everything should be back to normal in a few days)

I guess we should post that article in a new discussion ?

and thanks Lina for the article ! :)