English teaching job

I am a person with adequate English language teaching experience. seeking for a teaching job in Behrain.

Hello there,

First of all its spelt Bahrain :)

You could visit the various job portals, daily news paper classifieds and not to forget our own jobs section https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/middle-east/bahrain/

good luck!

T&R

Define adequate.
If you tutor IELTS there are loads of ads for tutors, so there must be a demand.

First of all its spelt Bahrain :)

:lol:

You could put an ad in the classified section here where your query may get better visibilty?

Good luck  :top:

Perhaps apply directly to schools as a substitute.  This will get you in the door to a full time job - until then I would recommend posting ads and tutoring.  Best of luck -

thnx dear for your suggestions. . i will consider them. . :)

hahah thanx dear for rectifying my mistake. . :P

Thanx Lindochka for Your suggestion. .  though i myself is without IELTS certificate but being a Masters in English language and Literature along with diploma in English from a reputed institute teaching IELT students is not a big deal. . can they consider a person as an IELTS teacher without the certification in it?

As far as I know, IELTS certified cannot be claimed without the proper documentation, which will hopefully be required.

You need a relevant degree or certification to teach IELTS or be a EAL teacher. Also most places want western qualified persons as what you may consider a qualification from a reputable institute in your country may not be on par with international standards.
Visas here (work) depend on your degree passing ministry scrutiny. With western trained teachers schools know they'll get those visas, thus when you look at ads they want degrees from UK, USA, Australia, SA and state they want native English speakers

You don't need IELTS to teach it privately. But you should have an idea of the exam and strategies to teach a course.
And you don't have to be a native speaker. But you have to have a high level of proficiency.

As per as the teaching techniques is concerned i have done certification in TEFL along with a B.ED. furthermore, the diploma in English which i did includes the grooming of all four skills required for learning  English. And i have been teaching College and University students so i dnt think i wud b having trouble with the teaching techniques and all that. .

Excellent. Then Relwel's suggestion that you apply directly to schools is best for you. Isn't there an
Indian school around?

There is an Indian school here in Bahrain - it's by the traffic directorate. But don't limit your self to an Indian school only. There are other ones like St. Christopher's school, The British school.. And many others.

Good luck  :top:

As mentioned before you can apply to schools but when you see ads for the better international schools they'll want a western degree and more than likely native English speaker especially for English teaching.
Private teaching or teaching at a language centre may work better for you.
Not discouraging you, but that's just how it is. Look up English teaching ads and see for yourself what their requirements are and if you qualify

though i myself is without IELTS certificate

If a student needed to pass IELTS at band 4 or above, I wouldn't recommend that they accept this standard of English from someone they were paying. It's obvious from your posts here that you are not careful enough with your communication in English to instill much confidence in anyone taking IELTS. I used to be an IELTS examiner, so I know the standards required.

teaching IELT [sic] students is not a big deal

Errr... I've taught IELTS students and, yes, it is a big deal, even for native speaker teachers. These people (and often their families) depend on you to help them pass an exam which can influence the rest of their lives.

But, hey, maybe someone will hire you...

What qualifications/experience do you have? (P.S. It's Bahrain*)

Pinkfairie i have done Masters in English Linguistics and English Literature along with 6 months English Diploma. I have been teaching English as a subject in a college for two years along with in a University since March 2015.

Suburbansam.. what i  perceived from your message, you are suggesting me to go for IELTS first?
if thats the case then thanks for your suggestion i will definitely act upon it. . :)

Jazzy851 thanx. . can you recommend me those schools with their i.d so that i can apply there. . and what salary they offer?

hmmm... no, actually, I was suggesting that your English is below the standard necessary to teach students to pass the exam. Have you taken IELTS? If not, I think the best thing you could do for yourself and your students would be to actually take the exam. The British Council offers IELTS exams in Bahrain.

If I were you, I'd aim for a band 6 pass. It's hard to say from forum posts, but I think you may have difficulty getting there so that would be a good band to aim at.

i appreciate your concern dear. . :)
i will surely appear in IELTS.
but em not using this forum to show my English writing skills. . i type and write here informally.

Considering you're asking about teaching English and the fact a number of people on here are teachers, I would be writing in proper English as someone may be more willing to help you if they felt you're qualified and would be good at what you do.
I agree with suburbansam that your level of English doesn't instil much confidence.
Which colleges and universities are you teaching at? Pakistani quals don't align to international degrees in a lot of cases and if you've qualified and teach at a university where degrees aren't affiliated with any international Universities then it means nothing.

Highly obliged at the response which i am getting from the seniors. . its really good to see that you people are encouraging the new comers along with highlighting their flaws. . i am open to criticism as its the first step towards success. i will really appreciate if you people suggest me more for improvement. . :)