What do you like the most in Slovenia?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Slovenia?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Slovenia and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

HI!

What do I like about Slovenia? Where do I start!
Slovenia may be a small country, but what it all has! I really enjoy being outside, the nature. Slovenia has so much to offer regarding sports, recreation. I enjoy cycling. It is a beautiful way to uncover and enjoy the beauty of the country.

Being a person who has seen and experienced what all goes on in the world, crime, safety ... ; Slovenia is a beautiful, peaceful country, with opportunity.

Regards,
Robert 
.... OK, ;) ... and my surname; Robert Posl, if you would like to find me on Facebook etc.

What I forgot to add. I might have mentioned a bit about the outdoors, recreation and sports. What I did not mention is all those important necessities i.e. obligations one needs to survive; occupation, ... well, everything else in life.
Well, what can I say! What is the value of having all those extra mural activities, sports, hiking, ... recreation, ....etc. if you don't have everything else taken care of, ... Understand what I mean. What I am saying; It is possible to live here and people from all over have made that step.

Dear Christine,

In comparison with the UK, the Netherlands, or Canada (countries in which I have lived and worked for several years each), my life in Slovenia is paired with a great measure of positive liberty; it follows, then, that many aspects of my life in Slovenia are not as convenient, and that I must think and act more responsibly to self and thus also in my social interactions within my local community.

I am fond of stating that "Slovenia is half civilized", or "on the verge of civilization", and as such is more clearly, or closer to, a state of anarchy. There is nothing wrong or frightening about anarchism, though in order to understand what it is one must spend considerable time to clearly define the term. Likewise, a good definition of democracy will require focused study.

I should like to take this opportunity to flog my blog (named Polyhistornaut), where I publish broad ranging works of philosophy.

Kind regards,
Bojan Keevill