SA comming to Israel

Hi there, I am new. My hubby and I have decided to come to Israel to make a better life for us and our kids. I am hoping that work will be plentifull as it is a major struggle here in South Africa and with limited education for my daughter who is autistic, we are stuck in Cape Town.

Any input welcome as to what our success rate could be.

Regards
Antoinette

Heya,
What made you decide Israel was the country for the easy life? seems like a strange choice...I guess depending on which city you decide to live in and if there are other factors such as cultural/religion/family that helped you with your decision... I personally had a lot of trouble getting any help from the government or any office for that matter whether it be the post office, bank or health care office... Again it really does matter which city you are living in but in general Israelis don't have a lot of tolerance for waiting in lines or following the rules so learn to stand up for yourselves and quick no matter what situation you're in, on the other hand I wish you all the luck in the world and if you don't let the beaurocracy get you down you will fall in love with the country and the people, they're just like children who need special attention, hard to deal with but give you all the love in the world.

Hi Ella

We've decided on Israel, because Israel has better facilities than South Africa for autistic children. And.. it cant be any worse than here. :)

Hi Ella

Moving overseas is very challenging especially when you have a child with special needs.

Before moving to Israel you should check what are the Israeli immigration policy. Usually Jewish people can immigrate to Israel with no problem but others must have a work or study permit.

Did you check your possibilities?

Sharon

Hi Sharon, yes we have checked our possibilities, my husband has gone back to his roots, his grandfather was Jewish, I am in the process of converting for the kids sake, we will be immigrating with the help of a Shelach (not sure on the spelling there), once our feet lands on Israeli soil we will gain Israeli citizenship, we will then attend a caboets or an integration centre for about 6 months for intensive hebrew and then, well, it depends on what comes our way from there.

hello Antoinette.howizit going with your immigration?
me and my husband also moved to Israel from SA about a year ago, i tell you it was VERY HARD in the beginning, but now after one year we are sorted, still getting used to new culture and way of thinking, but it's nothing comparing to SA reality, so...I HEAR YOU!!! please dont hesitate to contact me for any info, i'll try to do my best to help you))

SAcommingtoIsrael wrote:

My hubby and I have decided to come to Israel to make a better life for us and our kids.
Regards
Antoinette

Unfortunately I would have to agree with Ella and say I don't think Israel is the place for a better life. Bureaucracy is hell and citizen's social rights are diminished every day. I have a feeling in South Africa you would get more from the government than in Israel.

Candy