Will my visa work

Hello,

At my last job I got a Vitem II visa (issue Date 14 April 2014). The project I was working on ended up getting cancelled and I never had to travel to Brazil for my meetings. Is this visa still valid even though I did not travel to Brazil yet?

Also, this coming march I have to attend a wedding in Brazil. Is this visa sufficient for me to travel to Brazil for this wedding? Or would I have to apply for a new visa since this is not a business related trip?

Thank You,

Generally speaking once a visa is issued, one must make their first entry into Brazil within 90 days or the visa becomes invalid. Check the text at the bottom of the visa, it will probably be stated there... "Primeira entrada em 90 dias / First entry within 90 days".  At any rate the VITEM-V Work Visa is job specific, and once that job terminates the visa becomes invalid for any other purposes. One cannot, for example, even change jobs without first applying for a new VITEM-V

If you are coming to Brazil for wedding you will need at the very minimum a VITUR Tourist Visa, which you should apply for in the beginning of February, that would mean your entry into Brazil would fall within that 90 day requirement.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Hey,

I have a Vitem  II, good for another 10 years, multiple entrance. Can I go for tourism using that visa?

or even use that to get surgery consults?

Thanks!

Yes.
I traveled back and forth to Brazil on a VITEM II from its issue date in 2014, until I got married and got my VIPER in 2017.  It was originally issued for business purposes, but I was never asked about the purpose of any of my trips.
Yes for surgery consults, too.  If you read the description, you just can't work for pay within Brazil when on a VITEM II.

Awesome. On the forma did you list business? Or did you admit tourism. I'm

hsalguero wrote:

Awesome. On the forma did you list business? Or did you admit tourism. I'm

I always  checked "tourism", when it wasn't even partially a business trip.  Never had the slightest hassle.