Money Transfer Via Western Union

Has anyone tried money transfer via Westen Union? I have done it before in the US but apparently there are different procedures here in China. I spent the whole morning at a bank today and ended up not sending anything because the teller I was talking to cannot speak English fluently. Let me know if ayone has tried it, specifically on a weekend.  May i know the bank and its address and if their agents speak in English. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Try asking a local Chinese friend  to accompany you to the bank or Western union and let them do the translation. Things have gotten so difficult sending money out of China as the banks are asking for work certification to prove your source of income. Obviously, they want your foreign currency but they aren't too happy to sell you any foreign currency. They have a limit of US $500/day for foreigners without any proof of source of income in China.

Thanks Vikings! I have all the papers they need. I did find out about the $500/day. Since my money is in rmb, I asked if I can have it exchanged to usd at their bank. At first they said yes. They even told me that since I am remitting more than the restricted amount, I can move to their other branch to have to have another transaction. When I'm finally done with the paper work, they realized ooops they can't exchange my rmb after all. Geeez! Well, I saw an ad in westernunion.cn about using chinapay to remit. Apparently chinapay and western union had a collab. Thanks again. Hopefully, I can find a solution to this.  I was checking the forums on remittances but no answers.

hi there

did you ever find a solution for this? I moved to china in january and need to send money back to south africa to pay student loans but have no idea how :(