Finding job

hello
My name is Nasim and i am looking for architect  jobs in Ecuador.
Please tell me how can i find one?
thank you

nasimjenabi wrote:

i am looking for architect  jobs in Ecuador.
Please tell me how can i find one?
thank you

There's a lot of tall-building construction going on here in the capital, but you'll probably have to get in line behind EC architect/nationals -- all of whom speak Spanish.

To get a professional visa in a skilled field such as yours, expect that the Foreign Ministry will require you to pass a Spanish-language examination in your field.

Since we don't know if you speak el idioma .. likewise why you are picking Ecuador .. likewise whether the university diploma(s) you have are on the ministry's list of approved schools ... I suggest you consider places where English is spoken.

As of this year, there are 57 sovereign countries and 27 additional territorial entities where English is spoken.  (Wikipedia)

If you post again on the Ecuador forum, please tell us why you are interested in Ecuador in particular.

You should probably come for a visit if you seriously are interested in EC.  Many of us love it here, but it's not for everyone.

cccmedia in Quito

I have been venezuela for 2years.and i love south of america specail country such ecudor with a perfect nature and lovely people and also a little bit safty.so i decide to live there.and so many other reson my spanish is not perfect but i am trying my best before coming there.

nasimjenabi wrote:

I have been venezuela for 2years... i love south of america specail country such ecudor...

Apparently, my English-speaking idea was uninformed.

You can visit our Residency Visa University List thread to see if your diploma is on the EC accepted list.  Navigate over there, if you wish, by typing the thread name into the searchbox atop this page, and then clicking on the search icon to the right of the box.

cccmedia in Quito

What type of architecture do you specialize in? Commercial? Residential? High rise towers? The most likely way to find anything in Ecuador, including work, is by word of mouth. Basically, go to the area you are hoping to find work and make friends, talk to people, and see if you can find a company that will hire you and sponsor your visa... You could also look at the employment ads on olx.com.ec but if you are not in Ecuador, there is very little chance any company will bother responding.

Oh perfect nice help.actually i will come there.and i dont have visa problem.i worked more in residental part and software such as autocad and 3d design. Thanks again

For residential architecture work I would look in the areas with the most expat housing developments... central coast and Cuenca, maybe even Cotacachi. The local architects may have a need for someone with good English to coordinate with expat clients, or you could possibly freelance and design preliminary drawings for expat developers that they could then bring to a local architect who would then adjust them to meet local codes. I could have used something like this with my current project in Canoa. If I had more detailed drawings and plans before talking to the Architect working in the Municipi, I would have avoided some confusion and wasted time. I think that frequently happens... the design ideas that expats have are so different from what the Ecuadorian architects are used to, that a lot of time and $ gets wasted on redesigns, but the local architects are still necessary because they know the local codes and inspectors, and can smooth the process along.