Visiting Kuwait is 2 months, searching for jobs while on a visit visa

Hello,

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I'm new here, so hear me out :)

I'm originally from Amman, Jordan, currently working as a nurse in the UK
as stated in the subject, I'll be visiting Kuwait soon (I have visited Kuwait 2 years ago), this time I'll be searching for a job in the Medical Coding/Health informatics field in private hospitals or Medical insurance companies.as I have done a few course works in this field.

My question is how would my approach be different than applying online, and whether the fact that I'll be present would be an advantage.

I'm aware that landing a job depends mostly on connections and recommendation, but I'm interested to hear what you all would suggest since most of you went through the process

sorry for the long post

thanks in advance

with medical jobs where you deal with patients, you would need MOH clearance to work, meaning you need to apply for a card of some sort. being here definitely puts you at an advantage, but if no one is hiring then, that puts you out of luck.

whilst counting down the days to your visit, get in touch with hospitals/ clinics here; see if there are openings, state your experience and see if they bite.

Thanks a lot for your reply Legacy,

Yes I'm aware of the MOH exams, but as I stated I'm looking for positions in medical coding/medical claims (example Medical insurance companies) which doesn't require any entry exams, only the experience.

I'll do what you've suggested, will get in touch with hospitals while I'm still here, I already made a list of some companies, hope am on the right track

thanks again :)

sorry; my knowledge of medical jargon is limited - wasnt aware of your request for a "paper desk job" next time just say that :P

again, i would say search for medical insurance companies and apply with them. however, i am a bit familiar with that given i've audited one, most insurance companies in Kuwait have 3rd party medics abroad to whom they forward the information regarding each case, who review the medical procedures etc. and approve/reject, such as BUPA for example, and Kuwait based persons are either technical support, paper filers or marine/automobile insurance experts. that was the case with one insurance company in Kuwait i saw - Enaya, i cant recall anyone on the stafflist being a medical professional.