Permanent Residency Visa

How can I get a permanent residency Visa for the USA?

cocoabsb wrote:

How can I get a permanent residency Visa for the USA?

Hello cocoabsb,

Obtaining Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) status in the USA, is pretty much like obtaining a VIPER Permanent Visa here in Brazil. You would be able to apply based on marriage (including same-sex marriage) to a US citizen or LPR. Unlike here in Brazil however, there is no guarantee that you would be granted permanency even when applying based on marriage. Sorry, to be the one to break the bad news to you.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

The whole world is asking the same thing.I wish there is a straightforward answer to your question. Goodluck

I am married to an American, how long and how much it cost to have a PR status.

Lea20 wrote:

I am married to an American, how long and how much it cost to have a PR status.

He will have to prove that he can support you and your background will also be investigated, the spousal visa now days takes over a year.  In some countries it can happen sooner if your spouse has been living in Malaysia for a certain period of time, usually at least 6 months.  A lawyer would be helpful.

Thank you for the information Mugtech.
Much appreciated.

I didn't know your husband is a Is citizen at first,  if that be the case your route to permanent resident is one of the easiest and smoothest. At once, your husband can file I-30, I-485, and I-765 for your work permit. Of course you will have to go to an interview but as long as your marriage is legitimate you will get your green card. I wish you the best and safe trip to this beautiful country!

They say the visas will take a years or less if I'm lucky, is that true?

Hi
Im married American girl and im living USA now for 3yrs, i have permanent resident for ten years.
Now my wife want divorse, this can affect my status? Can i stay USA after divorse?

For your correcting permanent resident and visa are 2 different thing.
Visa is temporary for a lenth of time and you have to go back to your country.

Permanent resident  to live permanent there or settle down in usa...with a green card you can travel back and forth to your country can not stay outside usa longer than 6 month,If you stay you risk to loose tour green card and they will not let you in united state.
Green card has limitating and rules to obey