Is it possible to get marry in Denmark using a tourist visa?

Hi all,

I have a Danish boyfriend, I will visit him in Denmark and plan to marry there. Is it possible to get married just using tourist visa? By the way, I am 31 years old already so no problem with my age.

Hope someone can help me. Would really appreciate.

Thanks,
Shane

Maybe this link will answer all your questions:
http://www.getmarriedindenmark.com/faqs/

Yes you can get married in Denmark on a tourist visa. Just don't forget to bring your DFA-authenticated (red ribbon) birth certificate and CENOMAR. The CENOMAR should have been issued less than 4 months by the time you and your fiancé file the notice of marriage at the kommune where he resides.

Thanks! Its a big help..

Ainos1912 Today 01:41:48
Yes you can get married in Denmark on a tourist visa. Just don't forget to bring your DFA-authenticated (red ribbon) birth certificate and CENOMAR. The CENOMAR should have been issued less than 4 months by the time you and your fiancé file the notice of marriage at the kommune where he resides.

Thank you. Big help for me.. Thank you! Thank you!  :)

Last question Ainos,

CENOMAR also red ribbon? Thanks

yes, the CENOMAR should have a red ribbon. It's very important. Where in Denmark will you get married? In some kommunes the birth certificate is not required, since you will already be submitting a copy of your passport (and visa). However, it's better you have both docs authenticated at DFA.

Hi, in Copenhagen

Then you would only need the DFA authenticated CENOMAR  :)

Oh thank you! Much easier then... Thanks for your time answering all my queries. Appreciate it a lot. God Bless!

Travelgirl05 wrote:

Oh thank you! Much easier then... Thanks for your time answering all my queries. Appreciate it a lot. God Bless!

You're welcome. Good luck!  :)

Please Is it possible to get marry in Denmark using a tourist visa? And after marriages can u get resident permits or work permit, And what are the requirements? Thanks

Please friends what's DFA-authenticated (red ribbon)  and CENOMAR.

Hi im from philippines and plan to get married in DK soon.. i would like to ask if in Roskilde kommune they only need Cenomar/RedRibbon? Or they need also to legalize it at Danish embassy?? If ever we need to legalize it, where in Denmark to legalize?

Hope someone could help me

yes it is possible to get married in DK using a tourist visa. But you don't automatically get a residence permit after marriage. You'll have to apply for a family reunification and then it's not guaranteed that the said application will be approved. It depends on whether you and your spouse fulfil the requirements for family reunification.

You didn't ask about the rules for family reunification, but if that's the purpose of being married, you find the rules here. Being married to a Dane isn't enough in itself. You have to meet the listed requirements.

https://nyidanmark.dk/en-GB

/Nellie