Income requirements

I live in los angeles and wish to move to the UK.  I have been retired 5 years now.  my VA disability income is a little over $39,000.00 per year.  would i be eligible for a resident visa with this income?  I wont be taking anyone''s job away from them.

It's impossible for a non EU citizen to retire to the UK as there is no retirement visa. There are only a few countries that permit this and they tend to be poor. I looked in to retiring overseas a few years ago and gave up on the idea. If you are not going to work most countries do not want you unless you are a multi-millionaire. Sorry I haven't got better news.

Hi , Would you consider Turkey? since it has a fairly large number of retirees from the UK and the mainland Europe settled in the south.. There is a special provision in law that allows foreigners to apply for a resident permit. The funds mentioned by yourself  would be more than sufficient to lead a comfortable life in Turkey. Have a nice weekend, ROZ28

paulsnurse wrote:

I live in los angeles and wish to move to the UK.  I have been retired 5 years now.  my VA disability income is a little over $39,000.00 per year.  would i be eligible for a resident visa with this income?  I wont be taking anyone''s job away from them.

You're just within the financial boundary (currently £25k); however, to get a visa, you'd need some kind of "close connection" to the UK.  That's not actually defined, so a close friend may qualify; I'd advise you to speak to the nearest British Embassy/Consulate/High Commission to where you live.

British Consulate General Los Angeles

2029 Century Park East, Suite 1350
Los Angeles CA 90067
USA

Telephone: +1 310 789 0031

Definitely not Turkey!