Economy status in Netherlands

Hello

I d like to ask if the economy status in Netherlands is good despite this crisis in EU (especially the south). I also want to find some reliable job sites for expats who want to immigrate to the country but i see most of them are in dutch and I don' t speak a word. Initially I m looking for a simple job in order to adapt to the culture and then move based on my background. Cos here in Greece things are getting bad.

The Dutch economy is slowly rising but not good enough to find a job easily without the knowledge of the Dutch language.
You are talking about simply jobs. I assuming that you think as a cleaner, working in a kitchen of a restaurant of something like that. Even for these kind of jobs they prefer someone who is able to speak and understand the language to avoid misunderstandings.

Google jobs for expats in the Netherlands or employment agencies for expats and you will get many results.

Good luck with your job hunting.

I was thinking to learn dutch when I am in the country. I know the first 6 months will be tough so I m looking for initial cheap bullet proof solutions. Do you know any area that would suit me most as a newcomer (big or small area)?

Hi nspin,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Netherlands forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

In the big cities you have more changes but again, google for more information.

Hello there Yassas, (Den xero pos legaste akoma, signomi)

I have read and understood your message, I can tell and advice you more about all what you looking for, it's  a long story to tell about the unfortunate side of the Netherlands, the fortunate side is very easy to say something about, as I am living here in the Netherlands about 30 years, I can say that the fortunate side here in The Netherlands is, you can just be able to survive under the regulations and conditions of the Government, and not do and live your life the way you think what is good or bad for you, they decide that for you and you have to obey or else, it is like the saying, My Way or High Way. This is the fortunate and the good side of the Dutch living system here in the Netherlands in my opinion and experiences in 30 years that I am here unfortunately, in the first day I arrived here in Netherlands until almost a year of two, I thought here was just like a paradise and I trusted everyone specially the system and the officials and the organizations, but I made a very big mistake because of being naïf then and  honest and sincere person, until I found myself that I was in a hell and not in paradise as I thought.

I start to defend myself for very long time, what I gain is 10% of my rights (for years fighting for my rights until today) my lost was, my 30 years of my time which was engaged defending myself for my rights, and financially, as I said, you will survive just to be able to stay living and forget about your dreams and wishes in your life, if you have a decent, honest, sincere and good behave nature.

I would like to talk with you more person to person through chat of phone or even meet each other, because I have a potential to start a successful and fair business which will help to live independently and happy, but I cannot do it all by myself alone, therefore I will propose you if you are willing to share my idea and try to work out together and share together the result of my ideas, which is: I am an inventor and have invented many new family and sport games for all ages and we will try to contact companies and introduce my new games and find a company or individual business man who would is interesting to produce and bring it in the global market under conditions by signing an agreement contract and so on, it is not difficult, I can explain you and show you how easy it is, I also write songs and as an hobby I will also try to make some CD's and see how it works in the music market.

Do you speak good English and Greek writing and reading? If you wish you can contact me for now through my email address, which is: ***************** , By the way I speak 9 languages but not 100% good, some of them good enough and some of them a little poor. I also speak Greek, not so good as you do, but I can manage.

I will be awaiting your reply soon and hoop we become a good friends at least, My name in Greek is Yannis. here in Holland they call me Johan. Keep smiling always and you will feel stronger and smarter.
αναμένοντας την απάντησή σας σύντομα

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Nspin, to be honest, if you don't speak Dutch, or have family/friends in Holland, you'll find it difficult at first - my first piece of advice is to learn the language and integrate into the Dutch society when you get there.  If you don't have a recognised skill or qualification, the only work you'll get will be low level and there are lots of people already in Holland looking for that work.  As an EU citizen, you won't get the kind of support that refugees get, you'll be expected to be able to look after yourself.

A word of warning; there is no such thing as a free lunch; if an offer from someone seems to good to be true, it probably is.