What do parents look for an international school?

I am conducting a quick survey on international schools in the Klang Valley and environs. I would appreciate if you can spare a few minutes of your time to answer this 10-question survey. Cheers and thanks in advance!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FL6LCGY

HI xxxriainxxx > Can you please post an advert in the > looking for testimonies in Kuala Lumpur section? Thank you.

I note that usually...

1. Bragging rights. "I send my kid to ACME International" said smuggly to say "I can afford more than you" thinking to  themselves 'you peasant'
2. Glossy brochures. Very important this one. Despite the fact they all copy each other the glossyness of the paper is of vital importance to Malaysian parents.
3. Nice looking shiney facilities. The fact this means they are not used as lessons consist of students using facebook on phones while the teacher facebooks their tutees who actually pay a living wage.....
4. Lots of "student" work actually done by teachers on the walls. They do look nice!
5. Good exam results. Highly fiddled of course and/or  a result of use of tuition centres who cram
6. Great "sports days" that are actually practised for a whole month until perfect. Good job the tuition centres are open late!
7. How good looking the Matt Sallehs are on the team. Blondes preferred! A bonus if they can actually speak English or have ever taught before.

:dumbom:

Christine wrote:

HI xxxriainxxx > Can you please post an advert in the > looking for testimonies in Kuala Lumpur section? Thank you.

Hi, I am not exactly looking for testimonials... Hmmm.

Nemodot wrote:

I note that usually...

1. Bragging rights. "I send my kid to ACME International" said smuggly to say "I can afford more than you" thinking to  themselves 'you peasant'
2. Glossy brochures. Very important this one. Despite the fact they all copy each other the glossyness of the paper is of vital importance to Malaysian parents.
3. Nice looking shiney facilities. The fact this means they are not used as lessons consist of students using facebook on phones while the teacher facebooks their tutees who actually pay a living wage.....
4. Lots of "student" work actually done by teachers on the walls. They do look nice!
5. Good exam results. Highly fiddled of course and/or  a result of use of tuition centres who cram
6. Great "sports days" that are actually practised for a whole month until perfect. Good job the tuition centres are open late!
7. How good looking the Matt Sallehs are on the team. Blondes preferred! A bonus if they can actually speak English or have ever taught before.

Hi there,

Do you think these are generally true for Malaysian parents or also for expat parents?

xxxriainxxx wrote:
Nemodot wrote:

I note that usually...

Hi there,

Do you think these are generally true for Malaysian parents or also for expat parents?

Not true for all Malaysian parents and obviously I was tongue in cheek - but all actually true practices of many "international schools" in KL, Asia, Middle East and China.

Expat parents tend to be wiser.

Hi xxxriainxxx - looking for testimonies is the section designated for members conducting a quick survery :)