Thank You Expat Blog!!

I accidentally stumbled through other country's expat forums including Germany and Italy forums, and foudn them to be dead and inactive compared to Libya forum. Partly the reason is because most expats who are relocating here don't know much about Libya prior to arriving, and for many (including myself) the first source of info on Libya has been from this Expat.com. It has also provided an excellent platform for networking and making new friends, something which would otherwise be quite difficult given the circumstances.

Therefore, I would just like to extend my deep appreciation and sincere thanks to Expat.com, esp Julian the founder, for providing this platform for us. Keep em' comin', expats in Libya! We rock!!

Thank you very much for your support veechansa, the Expat.com team and I really appreciate :)

I'll make you a confidence ... the Expat.com design will change very soon ... stay tuned !

I was gonna say something nice until:

Julien wrote:

the Expat.com design will change very soon

am I just slow or do others, too, get lost and frustrated whenever a site gets redesigned?

A learning curve that's totally uncalled for.

Edit: I'm liking the 'new' interface. Definitely an improvement.

Moel I do know what you mean. MSN recently changed it's interface and I'm currently lost. Will need some time to learn the ropes. However, we should wait to see the Expat.com's new interface first. It might be for the better! :)

No big changes, just a few optimizations & new colours

veechansa wrote:

.. excellent platform for networking and making new friends..

Thanks Vee,
Now get off this 'platform' and come meet us all for a drink
LOL!
W

BTW Julien, since you are revamping the interface, could you also consider to add a "like" function similar to the one on facebook? Would be pretty cool! Cheers!

you mean the facebook like button or our own button ?

People sometimes want to dislike things. not just like them.

edit.

I mean our very own Expat.com "Like" (and perhaps, considering Moel's comments, a "Dislike" button as well!).

Something for you to consider! :)

To be more specific, I simply mean a "like" button (or even a "dislike" button too!) that people can press when they like someone's comments in particular. That's all.

Julien

Forum could do with a decent 'search' function, that filters all previous forum topics/content. Currently the search box returns results for all forums - and not the country alone, as far as i can tell.

e.g. search 'dentist' and i get results for Cancun, Budapest, etc (would love to go but not with a tooth ache lol)

This would improve the user experience greatly, and reduce repeated questions/answers   

hope this helps

willis80 wrote:

Julien

Forum could do with a decent 'search' function, that filters all previous forum topics/content. Currently the search box returns results for all forums - and not the country alone, as far as i can tell.

e.g. search 'dentist' and i get results for Cancun, Budapest, etc (would love to go but not with a tooth ache lol)

This would improve the user experience greatly, and reduce repeated questions/answers   

hope this helps

Whereas entering "Libya, Dentist" into the search box brings up a thread on dentists in Libya as the top choice.... ;)

Try calling the wimax hotline number as on your CELA.C.M setup disk. You will get a Dr. Sameer, a dentist. Wonder how many wimax users he got calling in asking about a different service. (Or could be my setup disc wasn't an updated version).

P.S: he even quoted for Veneers!

Mudman wrote:
willis80 wrote:

Julien

hope this helps

Whereas entering "Libya, Dentist" into the search box brings up a thread on dentists in Libya as the top choice.... ;)

I overlooked that (duh), thanks for that Mudman!

Rocko wrote:

Try calling the wimax hotline number as on your CELA.C.M setup disk. You will get a Dr. Sameer, a dentist. Wonder how many wimax users he got calling in asking about a different service. (Or could be my setup disc wasn't an updated version).

P.S: he even quoted for Veneers!

thanks Rocko, dont have a toothache thankfully just as an example lol

It might also be an idea to have some kind of indicator next to each thread to show if you have posted on it or not. Keep up the good work Julien and the team :thanks: