Wearing shoes in VN

Is this even necessary? I mean when it rains it floods like the end of the world, so it would be pointless to wear any kind of shoes. I'm used to wearing tennis shoes or dress shoes and not really digging sandals or thong-type flip flops. What do you guys wear to work, walking around or just go bare feet?

Cloud9 wrote:

Is this even necessary? I mean when it rains it floods like the end of the world, so it would be pointless to wear any kind of shoes. I'm used to wearing tennis shoes or dress shoes and not really digging sandals or thong-type flip flops. What do you guys wear to work, walking around or just go bare feet?

Hey Tex.
You are going to be so bored when you finally get to Vietnam.You will have learnt everything already.
You've asked all the questions - soul food,  expat businesses,  meal choices,  playing tennis,  bike licences,
Ha Noi Hotels,  job opportunities.And now wearing footwear.
When I first arrived in VN, I knew two things about the country. 1. They had a war with the French and the US/allies.
2.It was a country in South East Asia.

But,back to your question.
YES! Footwear. All the time at any time.
Except when inside a home. Shoes off inside homes.
The road and footpaths are filthy and grimy.All that junk floating in the air doesn't vapourize. It settles on the ground.That includes fecal dust.
Any cuts or grazes on your feet or between toes will get some kind of infection for sure.

Personally,I always wear leather shoes when driving.Hot or cool.Rainy or sunny.
Joggers,of course,when exercising.Sandals when going to the shop for foodstuffs.

Footwear needed.....
http://www.dreamgarage.com/image/resource/1169.jpg
The image is for entertainment and educational purposes only

Shoes are expensive for Yogi walking on all fours.

When I can learn to walk upright on my hind legs I'll buy another pair.

Grrrrrrrr

jimbream wrote:
Cloud9 wrote:

Hey Tex.
You are going to be so bored when you finally get to Vietnam.You will have learnt everything already.
You've asked all the questions - soul food,  expat businesses,  meal choices,  playing tennis,  bike licences,
Ha Noi Hotels,  job opportunities.And now wearing footwear.
When I first arrived in VN, I knew two things about the country. 1. They had a war with the French and the US/allies.
2.It was a country in South East Asia.

But,back to your question.
YES! Footwear. All the time at any time.
Except when inside a home. Shoes off inside homes.
The road and footpaths are filthy and grimy.All that junk floating in the air doesn't vapourize. It settles on the ground.That includes fecal dust.
Any cuts or grazes on your feet or between toes will get some kind of infection for sure.

Personally,I always wear leather shoes when driving.Hot or cool.Rainy or sunny.
Joggers,of course,when exercising.Sandals when going to the shop for foodstuffs.

Footwear needed.....
[img align=c]http://www.dreamgarage.com/image/resource/1169.jpg[/url]
The image is for entertainment and educational purposes only

JB,
How can I get bored with all the fun stuffs happening in VN? If things ever get boring I will find myself at the bar where the ladies can get a go at my bank account, and then I'm back on here complaining about getting used and abused. One can never ask enough questions about living in places like this.

Seems the OP has lot of free time  :)

I am worry for him :D, even he was trying to attack me personally yesterday :D.
Maybe some Vietnamese women just cheated him?

May be he won't after see that you too wearing a shoe  ;)

ngattt wrote:

I am worry for him :D, even he was trying to attack me personally yesterday :D.
Maybe some Vietnamese women just cheated him?

Ờ ha, should I post some my shoes to this topic :D?
BTW, I always wear high heel shoes to make me much taller than others :D

By the way, why don't you change that shoe?
You are wearing it and sit long time  :)

charmavietnam wrote:

That's her sexy single girl pic.
Let her be.

charmavietnam wrote:

Ok, changed avatar, changed shoes, changed the way I sit :D!
Are you happy :D?

Wow! I didn't see this side of you before!

charmavietnam wrote:

Seems the OP has lot of free time  :)

Well, speak for yourself. You do, too, since you are responding to this thread.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Post removed - inappropriate

Don't try to get to know more about me, you will be disappointed then. I don't have a need to have more friends now :D.

oh, cant believe I just spent 5 mins to read this article, lol

Walking around bare feet? nah you must be crazy... aftert the spitting and weeing on the roadside posts that have been posted here.... yikes... I think i'll choose to wear footwear.
On a serious note, footwear is recommended. I chose to wear trainers as i done alot of walking around in HCM - i felt comfortable in them and they didnt hurt my feet with the long distances covered.  :)

btw nice bike jimbream  :top:

ngattt - i like your humour on this forum  :D

You must wear some sort of footwear to avoid cuts and infections. What you choose is up to you and the circumstances of your walking.

ALL cuts in the tropics must be treated, due to sweat and dust full of bacteria. This means, at a minimum: wash the scratch/wound, apply alcohol or oxygen peroxide to sterilise the wound, cover with band-aid or dressing.

ALL cuts in the tropics must be treated, due to sweat and dust full of bacteria. This means, at a minimum: wash the scratch/wound, apply alcohol or oxygen peroxide to sterilise the wound, cover with band-aid or dressing.

Very good note -  :top:

Should we move this thread to "Health System"?  :)

charmavietnam wrote:

Should we move this thread to "Health System"?  :)

This thread should be deleted. The OP is already banned and good riddance. Come on charma,do you really think 'wearing shoes in VN' is a genuine topic?

I was just replying to ralphnhatrang's post  :) , not the OP