Resident Permit? my minor daughter is Turkish Citizen

Hello Guys, I am new at this forum , have the intentions to build a small business some where in Turkey. The main reason to live in Turkey is my little daughter who lives in Turkey with my Ex. I would like to learn whether I could get a Resident Permit on the basis of my minor daughter who is a "Turkish Citizen " ?

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers!
ROZ

Acquiring a residence permit based solely on the fact that your daughter is living in Turkey with your ex would be a matter that would require legal assistance depending on many factors including what your current situation is at the moment with your ex, how much legal access you have to your daughter and more.

Since this is a specific issue involving many legalities, I would suggest getting a proper legal advice from an attorney. That will be the best course of action of for you.

Z

Thank you for your reply, I am separated technically, as we live in different countries, while my marriage is still registered in Turkey. I understand , I might be eligible for Turkish citizenship ,since I have been married for more than 5 years to Turkish Citizen and have a child. I am not as such interested in the Citizenship as my wife wouldn't help me in any way in the present situation. My only desire is to live close to my daughter. At the moment I am looking for a Residency on the basis that I am the father of a Turkish citizen.

I would appreciate if you could recommend a lawyer or some good immigration solicitors.

Best Regards.
ROZ

Roz,

I would recommend that you visit the Turkish consulate and check this information from them regarding any sort of guidance.

Legal matters can be tricky and your situation is not simple either.
I strongly recommend this because there's a plethora of lawyers everywhere who would be willing to pop up and start council servicing you, eventually ripping you of your money without solid results. Living in Pakistan and having lived in Turkey, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

The consulate can guide you in best manner and suggest an attorney as well.
Hope this will be helpful
Z

Being married to a citizen qualifies you, however it completely depends on your relationship with your wife. According to the current Turkish law for Foreigners and International Protection, the authorities will look into your domestic history for any sign of violence or abuse and if you are fit to be a father.
You have to ensure that you fit this criteria considering you are going through an estrangement at the moment and your daughter is a minor.
It's best to discuss this matter with a professional as I mentioned earlier.

ROZ28 wrote:

I understand , I might be eligible for Turkish citizenship ,since I have been married for more than 5 years to Turkish Citizen and have a child.

Hi, Its so awesome to hear from you,  just to add that I have personal friends in the Turkish Embassy, while knowing my on going situation they are unable to give a clear reply regarding my situation. Anyways thanks for you time and patience.

God Bless,
ROZ

No problem. Just ensuring you get the right info.
On the other hand if your 'personal friends in the Turkish Embassy' are unable to guide you, then you know the complexity of your situation already.
Just make sure you don't get ripped of by just any lawyer or specially some random people who just claim that they can 'help you'.

Good luck!
Z

ROZ28 wrote:

Hi, Its so awesome to hear from you,  just to add that I have personal friends in the Turkish Embassy, while knowing my on going situation they are unable to give a clear reply regarding my situation. Anyways thanks for you time and patience.

God Bless,
ROZ

Dear sir, yes you can get a resident permit of turkey, plz send me the details of your country

This is exactly what I was warning Roz about, thank you for making the point!

Now, WHO exactly are you fahadmalik?
HOW exactly can you legally help Roz in a matter where legal/consulate cannot help him?
WHAT exactly is your business?
And WHY should anyone contact someone without an introduction?

Z

fahadmalik wrote:

Dear sir, yes you can get a resident permit of turkey, plz send me the details of your country

I appreciate your point.. I am actually surprised to read that note. I am from Pakistan and have lived in Turkey from time to time since 2009 . I have an Istanbul based lawyer who is associated with me due to my on going business, even he could not find me a way towards a Residency unless I rented a property or bought one on my name. I would like to know on what basis Fahad Malik gave me such a positive reply on my RP issue.
Looking forward..
ROZ

Hi

I can help you to obtain resident permit in turkey as long as you dont have any guilty to living here. Do send me email and will guide you later.

Great to hear that Myla..
Now in case you missed the questions I asked fahadmilk two posts above (and he hasn't replied the answers)... I'll ask you the same..

WHO exactly are you?
HOW exactly can you LEGALLY help someone in a matter where legal attorney/consulate cannot help him?
WHAT exactly is your business?
And WHY should he send you an email? Why would you not help on the open forum so that everyone can know the legal possibility, in case your solution is legal??

Z

myla.heaven wrote:

Hi

I can help you to obtain resident permit in turkey as long as you dont have any guilty to living here. Do send me email and will guide you later.

Why I should go back home to get a marriage visa?

Hi Olive,

I am not sure if you are clear in your post. would you like to elaborate a bit further?

Z