Volunteering in India

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in India?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in India?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

Hi,

What I feel if poor people got help
for education and some even need support like if we can purchase and give them some assets like vehicles, even they can refund that amount. because through bank finance they are not able feed there family.

I think charitable institution will
be better.

I am staying in whitefield with my fiancé for 3mths I am Australian and am interested in perhaps volunteer ring here.  What are my requirements and options?
ally

Thanks

Hello Maximilien and Ally,

I have been volunteering in India and abroad since 4-5 years. For volunteering in India I will recommend this NGO
http://www.ruchi.org.in/

Please check out their website and if you have any question then feel free to ask me about it.

I hope that this information will be useful to you guys.

Have a nice day!

it is realy nice to know that you want to volunteer in india. this justifies about your noble soul. iam an industralist involved in social organisations. please inform which kind of social work you want to do. there is need to help india on education, medical and child abuse. kindly be in touch and i will introduce to lot of ngo s.

regards,

Ashutosh

This a invaluable  information.since i will be moving to India shortly  for work I am looking for something  to volunteer  in while kids are in school and husband at work thank you again

Thats a  tricky one .. more so when NGOs are booming in India ( 1 NGO for every 600 person) - total 20,000,00 NGOs

This is a concern than improving the plight because of tax regulations and money inflow / outflow with NGO making them one of the richest channel to route money to Swiss accounts.

Pick up someone which is under good brands like Azim premzi foundation or Tata Group or CRY for that matter. Let know what is the area of your interest , city you want to make a base, tenure - can help you better

which state of india you are living?

I am living in Newdelhi .. I connected with a local initiative that teaches English to kids in the slums. The founder gives regular lessons to the kids  in her small house and invites forieng volunteers whenever possible to meet with the kids so that they train their English skills. It was a very different and rich experience for me and I still meet with the kids on weekly basis ,,,
The founder email is : ***
This is the page link (newly made): facebook.com/WeWillWinDelhi

Which part of india are you staying?

If you are in whitefield try the Satya Sai one .. they are in Kadugodi .. the next stop to Whitefield .. and have pretty wider exposure

Hello,

There are lots of organization in India which will help you, but i support to iSpiice. If you are asking about causes have the greatest need for volunteer in India, then i will suggest you Child Care,English Teaching and Women's empowerment.

Dear "mannotifa"

May I please check if you are still in India ?

I am actually looking for native Arabic speakers for my company in Gurgaon. You can contact me at *****

Regards !

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct