Moving to Azerbaijan with kids

Hi,

Moving abroad is an adventure for both parents and children: settling overseas is a challenge for each family member.

How was the move to Azerbaijan for your kids?

How did they manage to adapt to their new environment?

Share with us your experience and advice on settling in Azerbaijan with children.

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Hi
I married an Azeri 2 years ago in Baku and we decided to have our little boy in Baku Azerbaijan. This is something that I would definitely not recommend to anybody and we certainly will never do that again. My wife got very ill and the care she received was very poor at best.
People in the medical industry there just want to line their pockets with as much expat money as they can and that seems to be their number one objective.

To be blunt huge mistake moving here. Teenagers will be incredible bored. Slightly more to keep younger children.

The medical services including the expat ones are incredible poor.

The schooling for expats is very mixed.

Its a very small insular country.  Baku is noisy with very dangerous driving.  The surrounding countryside is beautiful if you are willing to travel four hours on roads with idiotic driving.

I apologise for being so negative.  The larger companies offer viewing visits which only high light the good bits such as flashy hotels and restaurants.  But you will quickly discover this is not the true picture. Tge supermarkets have a limited selection of food.  The meat is appauling.

Please research before making the move I am counting the days until I leave.