Mariage Annulment with filipina. Need copy of annulment in Cebu

It costs a fortune to get an annulment in the Philippines. I'm guessing you probably sent money to her for it. She kept the money and is now making excuses as to why there is no annulment. Been there done that.

File for divorce in California!  US marriage is not often recognized here in the Philippines, unless it is for you to remarry her in the Philippines.  If you were married in the Catholic Church in the USA, then there will be church records of it, but unless you registered the marriage in the Philippines, there will be no record.  You can check with the NSO here in the Philippines and see what the status is of your wife using her maiden and married name.  See if her status comes back as single or married.  An annulment here will not remove a marriage record in the USA. 

There are a lot of different opinions on this subject, but I have seen the girls here marry several foreigners and still be a single woman here.  The international aspects of varying marriage laws are mind boggling.

Also, the Catholic Church is changing their stance on annulments in the Philippines and the world.   You may want to visit one of the Philippine Embassy's in California.  They may be able to help you, or give you guidance in the right direction.  One nice thing about the Philippines is they keep tract of just about everything here.

Hope this helps, RAC

rcampsr wrote:

US marriage is not often recognized here in the Philippines, unless it is for you to remarry her in the Philippines.

When a foreigner gets married in the Philippines he/she has to prove he/she is not married, as it would be against the law to get married again, while still married overseas.
Immigration will also recognise any foreign marriage, and give a relevant Visa.. Balikbayan.

And according to legal opinion:

Q: Are foreign marriages of Filipinos valid?
A: Yes, they are valid. Applying the rule of lex loci celebrationis, if a marriage is valid in the place of celebration, the marriage is valid, except under Arts. 35 (1), (4), and Art. 36, Art.37 and Art 38 of the Family Code. (Art. 26, first par., Family Code) http://www.pslawoffices.com/pslaw_faqs.php#Are foreign marriages of Filipinos valid?

rcampsr wrote:

I have seen the girls here marry several foreigners and still be a single woman here.  The international aspects of varying marriage laws are mind boggling.

Each of these girls would be committing bigamy.
Most countries will have the same rules unless they allow Polygamy.

in short, alien individual has to procure a certification from their gov't a certification of legal capacity to marry ;)

ABCDiamond wrote:
rcampsr wrote:

US marriage is not often recognized here in the Philippines, unless it is for you to remarry her in the Philippines.

When a foreigner gets married in the Philippines he/she has to prove he/she is not married, as it would be against the law to get married again, while still married overseas.
Immigration will also recognise any foreign marriage, and give a relevant Visa.. Balikbayan.

And according to legal opinion:

Q: Are foreign marriages of Filipinos valid?
A: Yes, they are valid. Applying the rule of lex loci celebrationis, if a marriage is valid in the place of celebration, the marriage is valid, except under Arts. 35 (1), (4), and Art. 36, Art.37 and Art 38 of the Family Code. (Art. 26, first par., Family Code) http://www.pslawoffices.com/pslaw_faqs.php#Are foreign marriages of Filipinos valid?

rcampsr wrote:

I have seen the girls here marry several foreigners and still be a single woman here.  The international aspects of varying marriage laws are mind boggling.

Each of these girls would be committing bigamy.
Most countries will have the same rules unless they allow Polygamy.

There is no Philippine Embassy in California.  You need to contact a local Consulate of the Philippines.  There is one in San Francisco, one in Los Angeles, and I believe one in Sacramento.  Embassies are only in Washington, D.C., except the UN Embassies or Missions, which are in New York.  Of course, you can always write the Philippine Embassy in Washington.

What she did was fraud against the USA immigration and Bigamy , (which comes with prison time in the Philippines) the documents she provided for the Fiancee visa had to be fraud... You have passport numbers, pictures, list of children s names, everything you need to report this to the American authorities, to which you are legally required to do... and also  so she doesn't do it to another poor non suspecting person. Her children's names will also be placed on a watch list at the US embassy in Manila, as they should be, as fraud runs in the family. Even if you did not keep copies, Immigration has everything... all you have to do is call.

Here is information provided about marriage fraud and how to report it..

How To Report Immigration Marriage Fraud
Fact checked by The Law Dictionary staff 

Unfortunately, some immigrants try to cheat the system in order to gain entry into the United States. The United State Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) appreciates whistle blowers who report fraud. Here is how to report immigration marriage fraud.

"Anonymity & Whistle blower Protection"

United States citizenship is very valuable and some applicants try to leap frog over others by engaging in marriage fraud. Having an American citizen as a spouse is one of the fastest ways to citizenship. The USCIS has an extensive interview process, including unscheduled visits, but even this is not enough to deter all of the fraud.

If you have information concerning immigration marriage fraud, the USCIS would appreciate your assistance. There are many ways you can contact the USCIS anonymously. You may be listed as a "concerned citizen" in records to protect your identity. You should make sure to collect concrete evidence proving the fraud as well as the individual's name, sponsor's name, any aliases, addresses and the alien immigration number, if possible. The government will need this information to identify the exact person engaged in the sham marriage.

The most direct way to report fraud is to contact the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) division. They are the police force for immigration. You can contact them by phone and remain anonymous - 1-(866)-DHS-2-ICE or visit the website at "ice.gov". These hotlines are specifically designated for reporting immigration violations.

You could also contact the USCIS directly at 1-(800)-375-5283. When you speak to a live representative, you can make sure your information is properly recorded. You could also schedule an InfoPass appointment to personally meet an USCIS official to discuss the marriage sham.

"Penalties for Immigration Marriage Fraud"

Fraud will nullify any benefits of United States citizenship and could lead to deportation. The United States citizen may be guilty of the felony of defrauding the federal government with penalties of up to five (5) years in prison or a fine of $250,000.

In most cases, any reports of potential fraud will help the customs officials to increase their investigations into the validity of the said marriage. The government has limited personnel to handle all of these cases, but with this "red flag" they are more likely to find other clues as to the fraudulent nature of the marriage.

And I repeat, NO he does not need a divorce as a marriage to a bigamist is not valid and what better way to prove she is a bigamist than through Homeland Security and US Immigration. They might help file charges in the Philippines and that will help because the amount of money the USA gives to the Philippines is huge so a request from the US embassy and their immigration -Homeland Security Section might get some action  ...and she should spend a couple of years in a filthy Philippine jail.... it might scare off a few more just like her...

The U.S. Government gave a total of $197,036,510 to Philippines in 2012:

The aid was broken down in the following manner:
Economic
Child Survival and Health: $-420
Department of Defense Security Assistance: $75,490
Development Assistance: $79,721,515
Economic Support Fund/Security Support Assistance: $456,217
Global Health and Child Survival: $34,153,032
Millennium Challenge Corporation: $4,439,091
Narcotics Control: $4,286,840
Nonproliferation, Anti-Terrorism, Demining and Related: $9,549,582
Other Active Grant Programs: $6,403,834
Other Food Aid Programs: $11,824,000
Other State Assistance: $2,746,441
Other USAID Assistance: $8,619,065
Peace Corps: $3,388,723

Military
Military Assistance, Total: $31,373,100

well Remaining 8 yrs to do so , I want to jump to 47 yrs to retire and start small business in Philippine and enjoy the life

What am I missing here?...yourë a high profile doctor, right? Drop a pile of your high profile doctor bucks into the lap of a ÚS divorce lawyer and let him do the leg work. this isn't the place to get it figured out. Sounds like your marriage celebrant in Sin City screwed up heaps.

thank you,,that is a gud idea to check with the NSO....but the thing is.....I do not know how to go about it on how to check or get a record of marital status,,whether if is still single or married ...do u hv any idea on how I can get a copy of her marital status from NSO...somebody told me u hv to hv the info on when, where they got married if I do not hv ths info,,there is no way I can find out...unless u know a way to do it...and thanks for the info,,,wish ths things goes away,,wht a nitemare..lol...

yes,,u r absolutely correct..did snt her money for her annulment..i just want ths marriage annulled...but the only way I can do it is to prove that she was still marred when we got marrid and there s no way for me to prove it unless I can get hold of there or her marriage license stating that she was still married when we got married..in that way,,there will be no alimony or whatever...thank for ur input

really wud love to get a divorce from her here in calif..but......under calif law,,she will be entitled to half of whatever I owned and that is wht im trying to avoid,,,having it annulled I will be able to avoid the calif law,, but dk how to do it...just need get a copy of marriage certificate or license from NSO if I know when where they got married,,that is one of th requirements on the forms before they cn release the info..wish I know wht to do,,ths marriage is a nitemare..wish I know how to get that marriage license or her marital record from the nso....thanks for ur help

This guy/woman is what you call a troll.  Making up a story and refusing advice to keep stirring the pot... Go to the US authorities and report her fraud in the documentation getting into the USA to marry him. They will help and or investigate her original documentation and details....if this was real, but this post is probably from a Filipino female scammer whom is checking if she can get caught...  Check the English..  This poster uses the words  "there" in stead of "their" and "marred when we got marrid" instead of "married" etc.... Very poor English .....   This poster should be flagged or profile deleted.

dctrno60 wrote:

really wud love to get a divorce from her here in calif..but......under calif law,,she will be entitled to half of whatever I owned and that is wht im trying to avoid,,,having it annulled I will be able to avoid the calif law,, but dk how to do it...just need get a copy of marriage certificate or license from NSO if I know when where they got married,,that is one of th requirements on the forms before they cn release the info..wish I know wht to do,,ths marriage is a nitemare..wish I know how to get that marriage license or her marital record from the nso....thanks for ur help

Yes, I understand your delima now. I too am in a ticklish situation, although still here in my house in RP with her kids, I fully expect to lose half of my life savings if not all to a liar and spend crazy woman. Good luck.

GDT wrote:

This guy/woman is what you call a troll.  Making up a story and refusing advice to keep stirring the pot... Go to the US authorities and report her fraud in the documentation getting into the USA to marry him. They will help and or investigate her original documentation and details....if this was real, but this post is probably from a Filipino female scammer whom is checking if she can get caught...  Check the English..  This poster uses the words  "there" in stead of "their" and "marred when we got marrid" instead of "married" etc.... Very poor English .....   This poster should be flagged or profile deleted.

You haven't noticed how many supposed native English speakers still spell like they were in the 3rd grade? This guy is real but just not very educated.

FOR Certificate of No Marriage (or CENOMAR), you may apply at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/

hope this helps.

gave up already,,guess will never know...but...if i can get hold of her marriage ctf and how to get it,,that shd prove whether she was married or single wen she married me....all i know,,, i was taken by ths woman....need to get me an annulment,, but my lawyer sez,,if i can prove that she was still married when we got married,,then annulment will be cinch and i will be free from her....thank to everybody who gave me adv...but how do i get her marriage ctf...they need all kind of info.. like her name middle name and last name and same for her husband and also date and place of marriage city and province....getting to be impossible to get ths marrid annuled...that is why  u guys do not make mistake like i did,,not worth it at all

Munchie wrote:

What am I missing here?...yourë a high profile doctor, right? Drop a pile of your high profile doctor bucks into the lap of a ÚS divorce lawyer and let him do the leg work. this isn't the place to get it figured out. Sounds like your marriage celebrant in Sin City screwed up heaps.

I was going to say the same thing.

How much would it cost to hire an attorney to do the legwork anyways? Especially compared to what he claims as losing half of his fortune to the "wife".

To original poster doctor, just focus on doctor stuff. And leave the legal stuff to your lawyer. If I were your patient, I would refrain from seeing you for the moment. You sound confused.

She probable is still legally married to you because there's no devorce in Philippines,and the anulment process can take some time to finalized and it's expensive by Philippines standards.You must make sure she's not lying to you,I would put a hold on any new marriage before you find out the real facts from the Philippines authorities,if your in USA and have been seperated for such a long time it's up to you ig you want to live with your partner to be,but must be very sure the anulment was legally completed before considering marraige again,you don't want to have double problems,if your still legally married in Philippines,good look,get the FACTS in writing,not because she just told you so,she might be lying if she's not producing the legal documents.

that is the point,,,im from the united states and do not anything about Philippine law...I was told already that she still married to her husband an she has no intention of returning here in the united states....guess she is afraid that I already know that she stll married,,,and I now that she just committed bigamy and fraud when she lied on our marriag license...wht I need for us Is to have ths marriage annulled....if I can just get a proof that she is still married there,,then it will not cost me as much to file for annulment and will be much faster...but since I do not know anything about Philippine law..i do not know how to obtain or where to get it to show the court that she still married in the Philippines when married me here in the united state..all I know she just used me to come over here twice and I paid for her fare....well if u know a way on how I can get her marriage license wud be much appreciated...thank for trying to help

I just came back to Saudi from Philippine last 16-Jan-2016 , spending vacation over there , I would advise you that please don't go there otherwise the Philippine official will kidnap you and put you in jail for no-reason or for invalid excuses like breaking the rules of marrying philippina , I would think your wife has connections with police to get advantage of you and suck your money & you will be lost really Only what I suggest that to leave her and cut your relation with her otherwise , you will be victimized by Filipino police  gangsters and they put a case as sexual trafficking .I saw a lot of cases there in philippine , they are  starting so tasty but the ending are so sad stories .You are doctor & have high level of intellectual capability to step forward wisely in your retirement & for your future life.

"""Don't listen to your Heart ,always listen to your mind""" .

the annulment cost is 150'000 PHP (pesos ) which is approximately 3000 USD ( it is not expensive )

Thank you for the advise....but the main thing I want to know is...how can I obtain the copy of their marriage license or ctf stating that they are still married...I need those documents to show the lawyer here that she commited bigamy and fraud when we got married..if I can show those evidence then..my marriage will be annulled and will not hv to spend so much money...I do not know where she is at anymore...if I file for regular annulment it will take forever, while if I can get the docs that I need,,then it will be a lot cheaper and faster...is there anybody out there knows how I can get the copy of their marriage ctf,,pls let me know,, and I thank you all for trying to help me

get here passport copy and send it to Manila , Malate to Mrs. Aleen ( Family Lawyer ), she has office near to Robinsons Towers & Mall  and start to connect with her to represent you in the court .

I do not think I can file an annulment in the Philippines...we are married here in las vegas Nevada usa,,,so that is out of the question,,,but thanks for the suggestions,,, but if I can find me a way to get their marriage ctf,,tht will be a lot cheaper and easier,,, tnx again

GDT wrote:

lol , you are right , maybe this is the true story

Yes I agree that dctrno60 has most likely made up his or her story as he/she types English like a Filipino and now he/she has moved his/her wedding location from California to Las Vegas.

i beg to disagree. as long as one of the couples is a filipino, you can file ur annulmen under philippine law. fyi.

if you want a certificate or docs re status of ur wife, u may approach of us here. we can simply get it from NSO for u. jst simple.

FYI, professor Cebu, you can file for an annulment of a U.S. wedding here but 9 times out of 10 the local court will dismiss it citing a lack of jurisdiction. This is because the local courts don't want to burden their dockets with annulment cases that they believe should be decided in other venues. There are exceptions but they usually involve high profile cases i.e. celebrities and other wealthy Filipinos.

As for making an NSO inquiry, you have to prove that you are 1 of the involved parties on the record or a relative before they will release it to you. The OP isn't even sure that his estranged spouse completed the annulment process so there may be nothing to get. He may hire an attorney and then that attorney could use a written release from him to check.

philipperv wrote:

FYI, professor Cebu, you can file for an annulment of a U.S. wedding here but 9 times out of 10 the local court will dismiss it citing a lack of jurisdiction. This is because the local courts don't want to burden their dockets with annulment cases that they believe should be decided in other venues. There are exceptions but they usually involve high profile cases i.e. celebrities and other wealthy Filipinos.

As for making an NSO inquiry, you have to prove that you are 1 of the involved parties on the record or a relative before they will release it to you. The OP isn't even sure that his estranged spouse completed the annulment process so there may be nothing to get. He may hire an attorney and then that attorney could use a written release from him to check.

re wedding, i feel sorry for you. but in my case, i know a lot of friends who are all successful in their annulment case here in cebu.

re NSO, he is the husband in papers so he could also ask it from NSO. and FYI, you may even ask for it online.

lol :)) research. u have much to learn ;)

to all who responded to my inquiry,,i thank u all very much...just I did not get the answer that I'm looking for...all I wanted is the copy of her marriage ctf from her first husband who is still alive...somebody from the Philippines already told me that she is still married and all I want is the copy of her marriage ctf so I can show my lawyer here that she commited bigamy and that shd take care of my case..again  thanks to all who tried to help me

professor cebu wrote:

re NSO, he is the husband in papers so he could also ask it from NSO. and FYI, you may even ask for it online.

lol :)) research. u have much to learn ;)

Oops! No he's not in this particular case so good luck!

P.S. I may have much to learn but at least I can read and understand the case at hand. ;)

Guy,  your story sounds very strange. I married my first wife in California and spent many hours in immigration offices for months afterwards with this form or that. If your "wife" left you after three weeks then why didn't you go to immigration and have her visa revoked and have her deported? Marriage does not mean a free ride for foreigners in America.

Also, annulment are very hard to get in the Philippines. They take a long time and are very expensive. The odd odds of a young woman ever getting an annulment are remote to say the least. So more than likely your 'wife' is lying about that.

Listen, you owe it to your country to have such a person deported as soon as possible. Go to your local INS office and tell them what happened. But this annulment crap in the Philippines, don't bother with it.

Again, getting annulled here in the Philippines is not bad. You just need a good lawyer and a proper forum. So please, don't be misguided by other people telling you that its hard to get annulled here. :)

Philippine e-Legal Forum

How long does an annulment process usually take?

The entire process could take less than a year or, if you're unfortunate, years. There are so many factors that could delay the proceedings. You and your lawyer must be vigilant in making sure that the proceedings go smoothly.

How much does it usually cost?

This is a difficult question, primarily because there are so many variations. If you have absolutely limited resources, you could file the petition as a pauper litigant (for filing fees) and seek free legal aid (discussed below). If you engage the services of a private lawyer, the entire process may cost you at least Fifty Thousand Pesos (PhP50,000).http://jlp-law.com/blog/annulment-in-philippines-questions-answers/

People, this country plays foreigners for suckers. Notice with words in  the first line above........COULD and IF. Lawyers in the Philippines are notorious for dragging proceedings out for as long as they can to make as much money as they can from a foreigner client. And, at about a $1,000 USD, few Filipinos can afford an annulment anyway.

I got married to this Filipina girl about  12 years ago, I found out about 1 year later from my next door neighbour who married her cousin, that she was already married when she married me, I saw her cenomar it said she was single, after I found out to get proof she was already married when she married me is very hard, you find out they can use a cousin name or a friend name, or they can get copies made illegal , we got married in the Phills, looking back now there was to many red flags,
Anywau I got a divoiced here in Australia, anyway she contacted me told me unless I send her a big sum of money she wont sign the divoiced papers she set then on fire, thats where she let herself down my solicitor said least she admited she received the papers, i got divoiced just like that, how do you know if this woman did not use a diferent name or some realtive name, the other thing her family and friends called her a diferent name that i called her, her excurse for that they were using a nickname which happens a lot over there.
I hear this happens a lot over there married woman get married to a foriegner its all above getting money for the family.

Divorce here is no no.

It is yes yes between Filipino and a foreign spouse :-)

Know the local law before embarking into anything.

https://filipiknow.net/weird-laws-in-the-philippines/

For Example :
Quote :
Your family members and in-laws who commit theft, swindling, and malicious mischief against you are not criminally liable.
Unquote :

:o

How much money you sent here for the anulment please.

This is nearly 5 years old, you sent her money for tha anulment, how long did it take to get the anulment, so how long after she told you she had the anulment before you married her, yes as someone said here some of the spelling id how filiponos spell likr gud instead of good, yes i am starting to wonder if a filipino wrote it, however I may be wrong, and why has it been so long since there been no replies around 5 years you think by now the doctor would have copies of the anulment, the wedding to the Filipino man,
i am certain many expats living in the Philippines could help this person to get the information this person it wants, if an expat can send a message to this man and visa versa 5 years since first posted or more, something not right here,, if it true i know how it feels i was got involve in a scam mairrage , they lie, here in Australia I contacted imiagration about my concerns so my so called wife would be barred coming to Australia, they told me they here many stories like this and Filipinos are the worse in the world by far to get into a country many lies told so please do others say contact the imagration in th usa she or who it is may have tried this before, and a funny thing many men pretending to be women from the philippines, to me why has this topic died a suden death nearly 5 years ago.