Cost of living in Muscat

Hello all,
Actually i got an offer from Khimji Ramdas company as a sales executive in consumer products group.I will be getting a package  800 Ro per month.Would it be enough to live a luxurious life in Muscat.And how is the lifestyle over there and i will be living alone over there and how is the company Khimji Ramdas group.
Looking forward for your positive feedback.
Thanks

And of course a very good company also.

Khimji Ramdas is one of the very famous company in Oman.

dchoudhary57 wrote:

Hello all,
Actually i got an offer from Khimji Ramdas company as a sales executive in consumer products group.I will be getting a package  800 Ro per month.Would it be enough to live a luxurious life in Muscat.And how is the lifestyle over there and i will be living alone over there and how is the company Khimji Ramdas group.
Looking forward for your positive feedback.
Thanks

Hi dchoudhary57,

"Luxury" is subjective.

One full meal a day, for a starving individual would be a luxury.

A place to sleep comfortably, would be a luxury for a homeless person.

What does the word 'luxury' mean to you ? It all depends on that.

Plus of course on what your package includes / excludes.

R.O. 800/- for a bachelor is not a bad deal. But R.O. 1,800/- is better, if you know what I mean.

Khimji's are perhaps the oldest business families who came from India and have set up businesses here in the Sultanate. Khimji's are in Oman for the last 145 years ! For all practical purposes, the country in itself is just 45 years old (since His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said took over the reigns, to transform the reclusive desert nation to what it is today - a modern and confident cosmopolitan country).

Read about the various aspects on life in Oman here in the site. A wealth of information is already available.