Relocating to Vietnam with 2 cats

I am desperate.  I have been offered a job teaching at a university for two years, and I will not go without my cats.

If you can offer any advice/info on relocating with two cats from the US to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, I would greatly appreciate it.

Government agencies have told me absolutely nothing (and I've reached out to them all in both countries), but people who have gone through the experience and/or known someone who has have told me nothing but horror stories from it

being impossible to bring them back to the US from Vietnam when my job assignment is over, to pet kidnapping for ransom, to not being able to secure housing due to the kitties, to corrupt border officials, and everything in between.

I'm looking for real, honest information. 

Thank you.

Hi
Try contacting Animal Doctors International on the below link. They have just opened an office in HCMC. I have used them to assist with animal trans location in Laos and they are familiar with all the regulations.
Good luck
Mike

theanimaldoctors.org/

Hello :)

@allzwell : While waiting for other responses, I suggest you check out threads talking about pets in HCMC here :

> Moving to Ho Chi Minh City with pets

Regards
Kenjee

allzwell wrote:

I am desperate.  I have been offered a job teaching at a university for two years, and I will not go without my cats.

If you can offer any advice/info on relocating with two cats from the US to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, I would greatly appreciate it.

Government agencies have told me absolutely nothing (and I've reached out to them all in both countries), but people who have gone through the experience and/or known someone who has have told me nothing but horror stories from it

being impossible to bring them back to the US from Vietnam when my job assignment is over, to pet kidnapping for ransom, to not being able to secure housing due to the kitties, to corrupt border officials, and everything in between.

I'm looking for real, honest information. 

Thank you.

FYI, they do eat cats in VN. It's the local delicacy. Or at least I was told.

Thank you so much!  I will contact them immediately!

I tried emailing them, but my email kept getting bounced back.  I will keep trying.

They have a facebook site, based in Laos. I usually contact them on that.
or try will@the animaldoctors.org