Buying Condo Cebu City

Richard Yan wrote:

Exactly...The resident  comitee will improve the building upkeep, make sure all residents pay their maintenance fees / check on cleanliness & noise levels and also on the developer on his plans.

Condo Associations and HOA's in the states are more like dictators. One Condo one vote, except when somebody owns 16 Condo's. Change your doorbell or welcome mat, or some other trivial misstep you can get fined, if don't pay, they keep building up the fines every month. Then they can put a lean on your condo and can even foreclose.

That's the same here in Australia, we call them body corporates, sure we have rules also similar also,the big problem I find parking by visitors,we had public car parks some just to lazy to walk 50 metres, the owners had to made aware to tell their guests  where to park,again noise speeding , so I believe we have fines also, I was the body corp chairman of 32 units, and I had to enforce the rules, and it's always the same ones breaking the rules, also had to collect monies owing which was then paid every 3 months for services like upkeep of gardens lawn mowing repairs to common property , also had a sinking fund for repairs to the roadways etc.