Living in thailand

I'm 62 retired , have a Thai wife , have about £90,000 English pounds + a small pension  £450 per month , can I get a yearly visa ? I've had two 90 day o visas before , I just want to live in thailand

Hello,

You need to apply for an extension of stay of 1 year at the immigration in Thailand prior to the end of your visa, you need to have 400,000 THB in a bank account 3 months prior to the application with all papers and the form TM7 for the application, your wife will have to be present with you.

For her blue book, ID card, title deed ( if own house  )
For you, form filled in, ID photo, passeport, 1,900 THB, residence certificate or yellow book, map where you live, photo of couple taken where you live, marriage certificate, if kid ( birth certificate ), bank book, bank letter, ..

You need 2 sets of all of this, many photocopies, and each must be signed by yourself...

You will get a 1 month stamp as they will carried out some investigations with neighbourhood, then you will return after that and will get the 1 year stamp, then you have to report every 90 days to immigration form TM47

The first time you applied, if you rent a place or even live in your wife's house, be sure the owner or her filled in also a TM30 form to declare where foreigner live.

All these forms can be found online here : http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en … e=download

I am in a similar position regarding applying for a one year extension having a thai wife and have been assured that the 400,000 baht has to be in a thai bank account for 2 months not 3.

JOHNMELL wrote:

I am in a similar position regarding applying for a one year extension having a thai wife and have been assured that the 400,000 baht has to be in a thai bank account for 2 months not 3.

Correct information you have there mate.

From the Immigration police order.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Yes you are correct 2 months, sorry for my mistake.

You can find all the answers ( nearly all ) in the FAQ of the immigration here : http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=faq