Looking for art supplies in Kuala Lumpur

Hi

I am looking for Art Supplies in Kuala Lumpur. Paints, canvas etc for my personal use. I will be grateful if anyone can share their experience/shopping tips.

Aida

Hi Aida

I'd love to share my personal shopping experience. There is a cosy store where I usually find what I want  for my artwork and stationery needs. It is  T Square Artists' Supplies in the Central Market Complex. It is adjacent to the walk-through,  open-air art galleries of local artists. It is a kind of concept store well stuffed with all kinds of paints ( oil, acrylic, watercolours ), mediums,  brushes, canvas and paper.  Its atmosphere reminds me of Mediterranean Europe's shops-- relaxed, warm, friendly, and lively...  Some of the paint brands I get there are Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Marres, Winsor & Newton, and Reeves.Also,  a good selection of artist's canvas and stretch canvas boards in various sizes.

i am used to getting a pleasant shopping experience every time I go there :-). First, it  starts with the location inself; it's comfortably nestled in the Central Market Annexe, sheltered from all the hustle and bustle of the crowded dusty streets of Kuala Lumpur. and safely accessible in rainy or hot weather through the canopied walkway. The Central Market Annexe is a place where local artists have their workshops and galleries. I always combine my shopping trip to T Square with visisting these street galleries.  Even a brief stroll along  their colurful  collections gives me a boosts of creativity and inspiration :-)

The store itself is well-ventilated and air-conditioned; with all shelves easily accessible for calm browsing. The assistance is available when you want it  and the staff speak English well ( an important plus for an expat like me ) Besides , they are knowledheable about the subject, so you can ask for their advice  when in doubt.

Thre is  a printing/ photocopying service corner with the Internet access . And even a counter with cold drinks ( much needed refreshments in the hot tropical weather )

Almost forgot to mention, there si a wide choice of carefully selected stationery items . Plenty of unusual useful stuff which I now rarely see in larger stores...

The arrangement is well- thought  of, the prices are moderate, and they provide home delivery as well.

All in all, this store has been my time-saver and problem-solver many a time.

It is a good ides to bring your kids along if you want to accustom them to arts& crafs!

Here is  the full address : Lot 1.01A , Central Market Annexe, Jalan Hang Kasturi.

Hope you find what you like  :cheers:

Sarah

Hi there is an art shop in Megamall that supplies canvases etc - cheaper places near Universities though but for convenience Megamall easier.

Try Spotlight @ Ampang Point
http://www.venusbuzz.com/archives/70678 … -malaysia/
Or in other places.
http://www.spotlight.com.my/stores/MY/

Hi, Sarah

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! i  was there today and came home with ALL I wanted ... Great place ...
:)

Aida

Hi, Nemodot

Can you give me a name of the shop in Megamall ?

Aida

Good day, im ash, i Just saw your post and felt like helping you out since i do visual arts, i normally would get My supplies in taman melawati, there are few arts and craftings shop you could choose from, and If youre looking for a supplier, I'd suggest you to look for it in Jalan Pasar, as they have lots Of whole sellers. Sometimes it hard to find a Parking Space during Busy hours, hope this Will help, have a nice day.

Nanyang art in petaling street ,i belief you all your stuff

Please go to NanYang in Petaling Sreet also known as China town..great art supplies....I you cant fin it got to Tzip Lee in Bangsar Bau alog Telawi and it has Art supplies too...Have fun!
(Hope the admin doesnt think Im getting a comission out of this as they always have something to say like advertise or wrong column , go to classifieds blah blah blah)

There's one in publika, it is a great place to look for various brands of paints. and compared to the one in Midvalley Megamall (the name of the shop is Art Friend), publika is cheaper for paints. Cant remember the name though! but it is above PappaRich rest, on the right side.
I have not been to the one in central market before so cant really compare but ive been to few other shops such as art friend, spotlight, etc and Id suggest you to check it out. the staff is helpful too and member will get 10% discount off your bill every single time ;)

Have fun!

Hi,
I went with a friend of mine to C Zip Lee in Bagsar yesterday.. Lively store , it looks brand new. but the prices are quite high and most products are made in China.  My friend wanted an original European  easel...  Finally found the Italian one in the same T Square , Central Market  , which I discovered recently thanks to advice on this forum  :)

this is not clear you are collecting art  o how anyway i have a rare art 5 feet by two hal  f oil paint also we undertake mural and live fprtrait art pl contact michael 01115021565

I am in Kuala Lumpur  and i am looking for art and stationary supplies in bulk or wholesale.

Does anyone know where i can find these ? . I am principally looking for European brand or Japanese brand .  Can anyone guide me where i can find these please ?

Many thanks for reading this ,

Laval

At Sentral Market you will find behind the tourist part an artist area. There is a big shop in same place that sells office stationery and all kinds of paint.