What is it with all these people from Africa contacting me?

In the last 2 weeks I have received like 8 different contact requests mostly from African countries of people that want to come to the US. None say in their profile that they want to come to PR. I keep rejecting them.
Any of you have the same issue?
How they locate me I have no idea?

Yes, me too. Just one man from Africa but no connection to PR. I also rejected the request.

Those who send you the requests are on a fishing expedition looking to contact someone to assist them with getting into USA. As they come from African countries they could well be scammers.
Just keep rejecting them.

If they send you a PM then click on 'actions' and report them. Do not delete the post as admin will want to check it out.

Hi ReyP and melendezki > Can you please report us these people by using the report button? Thank you.

I've had quite a few, as well and don't accept the request.  I'll start reporting them to admin, thanks for the heads up!

First direct message I received was from someone from Africa, living in Turkey claiming to want "Friendship". I wondered how he found me as well, since nothing was P.R. related.

I had some friendship request from two guys from Africa and one asked if I was gay and I responded with.
" why do you ask?" and never heard from them again.

I think I know how they found us ........

If you go to the USA section it shows USA users that are logon at the moment, so all they have to do is click on your icon and they can send you a message.
It is not just us, everyone else is in the same boat

I thought it was common knowledge, but here goes nothing: approximately 75% of the world's internet crime comes from little ole' Nigeria, according to an (admittedly older) FBI report. Most common would be an attempt to befriend, then scam some cash out of the individual. The common modus operandi would be to befriend, a promise of visitation, then an "unfortunate" event, requiring them to ask of you, their newest and best friend, in the entire world, for a sum of cash, to alleviate their current dilemma... after the sum has been transferred, you may, or may not hear from them again... depending upon how easy you were in the first place...  Scam complete!

Yes, a common scam, Mac~  I've heard of many of the same sort of things from Jamaica.

Rey, Maybe I can find the man of my dreams.  Ask him how old he is, if he is healthy, financially secure, has a sense of humor and likes long walks along the beach.

Sorry, I did not have a conversation with them. I bet there are a lot of good looking Puerto Ricans that want to murmur in your ear in Spanish. Unfortunately most of them are broke.