Resident permit (Identity card for nor EU) proof of acomodation

Dear all,

Today i received confirmation from my employer that my work permit B is approved and will be send to them soon.
I am planing to come on 20/09/2015, Mean while i found an apartment but it is available only after 01/10/2015.

So i will have to book a hotel/apartment for 1 week.

When i apply for resident permit with in 8 days of arrival , that is with in 28/09/2015.
Is it possible to show the temporary address document?

Also in visa application i have to give temporary address or sponsors address.

Or is it better to find an apartment which is available from 20/09/2015.
Can someone suggest me.

Best regards

When you reach Belgium, within the first 8 days meet up with your future landlord and sign a contract dated 1st October. Your landlord should have no issues with this. So no need to find a different apartment I feel.

However, this does not help during the visa application which comes first. You can print emails of your communication with your future landlord and submit with your application, write in your cover letter that you intend to move to XYZ address upon arrival. At least this is what I would do, perhaps others who've gone on a work permit can assist better. Finding a different apartment or keeping this one, procuring a rental contract for submission during the visa process without having met the landlord can be hard.

Thank you nailpainter,
But when I go and submit the documents for resident permit(before 01/10/2015) I will not be staying in the apartment which I have the contract signed.
Is this ok?
If this is ok, I will visit this weekend or next weekend to see the apartment after getting an appointment.
Best regards

Hello all,

Any one who know more about this?
Submitting a house contract which is different from the present accommodation for resident permit.

Thanks in advance

My husband did this, it was no issue. This is because the police verification takes some time and my husband had already moved in our apartment by that time.

Or if you want to entirely avoid any risks, I would suggest that you change the contract date on paper. Tell your landlord that you need that contract date changed for bureaucratic reasons. He should have no issues with it as long as he knows you'll move in on the date decided by both of you off paper. You can have a contract dated within the 8 days period. As long as you're having a good chemistry with your landlord, this won't be an issue.

This takes care of it.

Thanks again nailpainter :)
The way you suggested is a tricky option. I will check with landlord.
This will solve my problem.

Yeah, I just put myself in your shoes and gave you what I would have done :)

Hello.. The 8 days period is the time for your initial reporting to the commune (local townhall). Once you report for the first time, you will be given an appointment for the formal inscription (registration) which may be 1 month or more ahead of the reporting date. You may use this time to find a permanent accommodation. I suggest not to sign any contract before you see the apartment.

Hello Aneesh,
This is really good information.
So I don't have to hurry.

After reading some blogs I came to that there are some scams going on with apartment renting. I can visit Belgium in person with my existing residence permit, I will see the apartment before signing a contract or transfer money. Mostly I will be visiting on coming Saturday.
Thanks for your support
Have a nice week ahead.

Best regards
Athul

Just for my own curiosity, is proof of accomodation not required for Indians going on work permit for visa application process?

Have a nice day :)

Athul, hope you got your answers :)

Hello nailpainter,
As far as i know , we must mention sponsor address or temporary accommodation address in visa application form.
For me they didn't ask for any proof.

-          2 original visa application forms
-          2 photo's;
-          €180 handling fee (cash only at the Embassy of Belgium in residing country);
-          passport into which a visa can be affixed and which is valid for more than 12 months;
-          work permit B (original and copy);

These are the list i got from Belgian embassy here.

Best regards

A very valid question from nailpainter.

Actually, proof of accommodation is an important piece of supporting documentation for visa application. For D type visa applications with work permit, Consulate considers the practical scenario that the person comes here and stays in a temporary place (hotel or service apartment - often provided by the new employer as initial settling period) and during the initial stay, finds a permanent place to live.

When I applied, I provided the initial one month service apartment booking receipt and a letter from my employer stating that they will assist me in finding a permanent accommodation.

Hi all,

Yesterday i visited Antwerp to see the apartment, I was the first appointment to see the apartment and i confirmed to rent it. We signed the contract (3 copies), from immoweb website and the landlord said she will register the contract through email ([email protected]). I also paid advance and she gave me a written receipt.
Today i received an email from landloard , actually a forward mail that she already sent to [email protected]. Any one familiar with these kind of email ID registration?

Best regards
Athul

Hi Atul,

Yes. All the recent registrations are done in this manner. Once the email is sent to them, normally the sender receives some sort of confirmation which is deemed as the official registration.

Regards
Aneesh

Hi Aneesh,

Thank you for confirming about email :)
I also have a copy of the contract. I will attach this document for visa application.
Have a nice day.

Best regards

Hi all,

Day before yesterday i received my WP and yesterday i applied for visa. I will give the list of documents i submitted, it may be helpful for someone.

1. Visa application form (download form https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … _visa.aspx) two forms/modules filled and signed.
2. 2 passport size photos 35mmx45mm
3. Work permit original and 2 copies.
4. Police clearance certificate 2 photocopies.(i applied for 2 copies of police clearance certificate) and carried a original also.
5. Medical certificate 2 copies , original already submitted for WP
6. Proof of payment of new administration charges 215 euro. Deposit from my account to Belgian embassy account and took a signed receipt sealed from bank with a copy of the receipt.
7. Copy of my offer from employer.
8. Two copy of my residence permit , since i stay in Italy. (national ID card copy and original to verify )
9. 2 copies of passport . which they took from their office and i am not sure its all pages.
10. 185 euro for handling charges.
No need of accommodation proof. I mentioned "Searching for accommodation" in number 31 of visa application form.
They accepted the visa application and it may take 2 to 3 working days to process.

There are two options after this .
1. Passport can be submitted and embassy will inform you when it is ready to collect.
2. Once the visa is ready embassy will contact you to submit passport.

If we choose either options we can collect the passport with visa in it using 3 modes.
1. Visit embassy in person.
2. Send a delegate with proper authorization letter.
3. Plan for a pick up with DHL courier.

Best regards

I assume you are already in EU and submitted the application in the Belgian Consulate in the country that you currently reside, right ?

Yes, i am in Italy for the last 4 years.
May be this makes difference for accommodation proof. I missed that point.

Indeed. When you submit the application in the Belgian consulate in India (via VFS), proof of accommodation is an unavoidable supporting document.

Yesterday afternoon my visa is approved  :D. Travelling on next Saturday or Sunday.

Yippiiee!! Have fun in Antwerp!