Vodafone mobile broadband (USB modem) Accra Ghana

Hello everyone,

I'm new to "Expat.com".
I'm French, who retired in Ghana since 2007.
I hope you will make allowance for my English.

I submit to you my experience on supply "Vodafone Mobile Broadband".

I bought the USB modem there one month ago and here are my findings:

- Constant disconnections (you pay the exchange)
- In case you can lose 10, 50 or 90% of your downloads (you can have diconnections after 3 hours and you pay the download useless)
- Network speed very low (between  less than 1kbps and 8 or 9  kbps) average 3kbps

AND WHEN THE VALIDITY DATE FOR YOUR PACKAGE REACHES YOU LOSE THAT REMAINS (in my case I lose between a third to half of my package a month.)

For now it looks like a joke.

Note: I am in a Vodafone antenna and the signal is EXCELLENT.

Does anyone know the same problems?

i didn't understand you at all,how do you mean,do you mean their service is good?am still online

I have the same problem with my USB modem from Vodafone.

Hello,
I am new to this expat-blog. But I may have a solution for you if you are still dealing with the same problem. My husband is selling very good routers that serve up to 32 users wifi. He also sell universal modems - faster than the ones Vodaphone has. Just if you are still in need.
Best Regards
Stine

Hi Stine,

I am interested, PM me please.
Joe

why don't use 3G data card ?

3G data card is for 1 computer, if you want to share connection with another computer you need a router. I have MTN USB modems, which works perfect.
The problem with the vodafone likes is the network and not the modem.
BR
Joe

Dear Cool_Joe,as u said 3G data card is for 1 computer,but if this computer sets up a wireless lan ,point to point connection,then other computers can connect the Internet using its signal.

true, and you need to have one computer switched on permanently :/

Hi, The Vodafone usb stick is useless. I use an iBurst desktop modem plus usb stick when I'm out and about. This works in some  parts of Accra. I can't understand why connectivity is so WAY behind in Ghana, Sylvia

I am not surprised with your experience.
I have tried all networks and in all I have come to the conclusion that MTN is the one to be on

Agree with Nitin, I have been using the MTN one for last 6 months, I can't complain.

Pssst: there is an upgrade available on for MTN Fastlink.
Go on mtnplay.com.gh/web/ and follow the link

Enjoy