Fiance's Visa

I'm 18 years old, and my girlfriend lives in the U.S., she is 16, I know 16yo can marry with parental conscent(which we have) in her state(Tenessee) and here on Brazil, so can we have a inter-country marriage? Can she request a Fiance's Visa on the U.S. with her parents consent?

StupidBoy wrote:

I'm 18 years old, and my girlfriend lives in the U.S., she is 16, I know 16yo can marry with parental conscent(which we have) in her state(Tenessee) and here on Brazil, so can we have a inter-country marriage? Can she request a Fiance's Visa on the U.S. with her parents consent?

Ask Brazil.

mugtech wrote:
StupidBoy wrote:

Ask Brazil.

In Brazil we don't need this bullshit, you can marry on any visa.

StupidBoy wrote:
mugtech wrote:
StupidBoy wrote:

Ask Brazil.

In Brazil we don't need this bullshit, you can marry on any visa.

Then take her on a tourist visa and marry her there.  What's the problem?

She wants to marry in the U.S.

StupidBoy wrote:

She wants to marry in the U.S.

That's  not unusual,  many females want to get married in front of family and friends, especially if they are going to live out of the country.  Can she go to Brazil as your wife?  Could she come on a spousal visa.

I guess you probably know even less than the basics of a fiance's visa(in other words, less than I do)

StupidBoy wrote:

I guess you probably know even less than the basics of a fiance's visa(in other words, less than I do)

My wife came to the USA on a spousal visa 20 years ago, and her niece came to the USA on a fiancee visa in 2004.  I know about what is required to get into the USA.  Where do you intend to live?  I know nothing about visas to get into Brazil.

So how don't you even know who has to request for a fiance's visa?

StupidBoy wrote:

So how don't you even know who has to request for a fiance's visa?

Which country are you going to live in?  I applied for the visa for my wife, had to prove I could support her with a letter from my employer, 2 years of income tax returns.  She had to pass a background check in the Philippines and also Hong Kong because she worked there for more than two years.  Fiancee visa needs same info plus you must prove you are wedding eligible. Now it takes at least 6 months, in some cases more than a year.  I had to file for she was coming to my country, she needed the visa but I had to prove I could support us both.  If you are coming to the USA to live then she will have to file for your visa to come live in  the USA, but if you are going to live in Brazil, then she will need a visa for perm Res in Brazil.  All the info is available on line.

Ok, thanks for the useful info.