How does a Canadian male Muslim marry a Christian lady in Doha, Qatar?

Dear All:

I am a Canadian citizen and I am now living and working in Doha, Qatar.

My fiancée is a British national who is now living and working in Kuwait.

She plans to live in Qatar as soon as we are married in Qatar. I want our marriage to be legally recognized in the State of Qatar and in my home country of Canada.

After the wedding ceremony here in Qatar, I plan to go through any necessary procedures so that my wife can hopefully become a Canadian citizen.

Can you please provide me with any necessary information you have about Canadians getting married in the state of Qatar.

By the way, I am Muslim, but my fiancée is Christian. I have been told that in the state of Qatar, a Muslim can not marry a Christian at the Sharia law ministry.

If this is true, do you have any idea about how I, a Muslim, can marry a Christian in the state of Qatar?

Finally, if you or someone you know has gone through a similar procedure, I would really appreciate receiving information from you.

Any information/advice given from anyone in this matter is greatly appreciated.

She should first convert Islam as Muslim then only can marry

complicated. best option get flight to london & get married

I think by the law u cant do it here. And dont do it here. Do it in england or canada. To a guy who commented that u should marry a muslim, i have something to say: dont be ignorant, and u dont even know ur own religion which says u can marry any monotheist, which are jews and christians. She doesnt need to convert. And she shouldnt. Love means respecting each others differences.
All the best, guys!

As for the question of how to get married
I belive it is way much easier to get married outside then attest the marriage certificate then come here.

Hello all

For info some posts have been removed from this thread.

We ask that each and every member to respect opinions and life of others. Share only if you can help on the topic.

Regards
Kenjee

As per Sharia Law, a Muslim man can have up to four wives, provided, he can look after them materially and treats them equally. However, this practice is no longer being followed, as very few are able to afford it, and women are getting more independent and assertive, and refuse to accept such rules. Now, a Muslim woman can insert a clause in the marriage contract, restricting her husband from marrying another woman, for as long as the contract is valid. The wife can also retain her own name after marriage.
Muslim marriages in Qatar are performed at the Sharia Court, located on Al Rayyan Road, near Mannai Ra in the Musheirib area. The Sharia Court here allows marriages of Muslims only. Although marriages between Muslim men and Christian women are permitted by Sharia Courts in other Muslim nations, they are not allowed in Qatar.

Option: Marry under civil Marriage Law either in the UK or Canada or She should convert first to Islam and performed at the Sharia Court Qatar.

I am a Canadian Muslim and married to a Christian and have had no problems registering my marriage certificate here and having my marriage recognized in Qatar. I have been here since 2003.

However, as stated by people above, it would be much easier to get married outside Qatar. This will also help when you will want to make the immigration papers for her in Canada. No need to have the certificate translated and certified many times.

Good luck.

Asalam,

I know a African Muslim friend that  married a Canadian Christain girl here in Qatar about 2 years now. He never asked or knew any procedures than he went to the court and got married within 10days but seem his father Inlaw been in the wedding made it more easier for him as people were saying marrying a Christain here needed the bride's father approval but I'm not sure how true the info is cuz his father Inlaw came to Doha with his wife for 10days and choose the wedding date within 10calender days after seeing the judge and asked them to provide some papers like blood test.
I can't remember all the papers but it's so easy and I will advise you to go to the high court near to the Lacigal hotel to get much info as the processing might be updated.
As per your wife immigration process, the Canadaian immigration accepted the Qatar wedding cert but you have to translate it to English and have it stamped and attestated by the Qatar ministry of foreign affairs, your wife's embassy and Also the Canadian embassy in Doha before you could apply for her Canadaian papers.
He went through all this processing  and
I can help you out if you need my help

The best way to do this without any stretch is to let her convert to Islam, then the marriage can be done easily later .

Hello, i m having the same. I am a muslim male and would like to marry a christian woman. What paper work done and where did you get married. I live in qatar and i want to attest this paper so that my children can be in schools and have IDs. Thank you

I had the marriage certificate certified by the embassy and the foreign ministry here.

There was no problem with respect to the difference in religions