Getting Master Degree in Jeddah

Heyyy!!!

I'm here again with a different question!!!

Is it possible to get a master degree from any university in Jeddah as an expat?

If It's so, please tell me what should i do.

Thank you so much.

First Q:
Do u really want to get master from any Uni in KSA?
Because mostly it'll not be accepted anywhere except in KSA
Even in KSA, Any degree from any unranked European or American Uni is more appreciated than KSA degrees

The answer of ur Q:
Sure u can
just verify ur Latest degree from the ministry of education in the degree source country then verify it from the Saudi embassy in that country
after that, go to the administration of the Uni that u like to join, give the verified degree, fill the required documents, Pay the fees & u r in.

Hello Barisb,

I agree with what is communicated by Formidable.

In addition you need to sort out your visa status.

a) Since you are already in Saudi, presumably you are on a work permit Iqama. You need to find out how many hours you need to study at university to qualify as a part time master's degree student and this will take a longer time than a full time course.

b) You need to check with the university that as a full time student, you will need to change your visa status from work permit to student.

c) If you are dependent on your fathers visa, university will most probably let you continue on this status.

Why not.

Who said that university degree (bachelors and masters) from KSA is only accepted in KSA, it is accepted in west and Europe AFAIK.

who said they're not accepted anywhere - stop posting lies, or bring proof.

^ Thug life!

of course , completing all the requirement will be more tedious then getting actual Master's degree, and then
u will not be paid salary as per ur education qualification, but as per your nationality.

In King Abdul Aziz University (Jamia) there are evening colleges for working locals/expats, bachors and master level.
You can go through their website and call them for more information which you need.

Mohammed salim wrote:

of course , completing all the requirement will be more tedious then getting actual Master's degree, and then
u will not be paid salary as per ur education qualification, but as per your nationality.

That's another subject!

Question was is it possible, answer is yes.

Certified, salary, nationality will lead this discussion no where.

value and worth of education is most important subject.

Thank you for your infos.

On the other hand, Is there any possibility to get a certificate from european or american universities( like MIT, cambridge etc.) by taking some course in KSA? I know that in some countries when you apply any master or bachelor licence program of cambridge, they redirect you to a university near you(If there is a university which has an agreement with cambridge) and you can get a certificate of cambridge.

Some people reply without reading or they just read without understanding.
And to clear my point, Try to get a job with a Saudi bachelor degree in a non saudi MNC & let's see how much you'll get paid - In case you'll get the job -
Living in denial is a gift but real world is different.

barisb
What's the field of ur study?
For some fields, There are many international degrees can b taken this way

Formidable wrote:

Some people reply without reading or they just read without understanding.
And to clear my point, Try to get a job with a Saudi bachelor degree in a non saudi MNC & let's see how much you'll get paid - In case you'll get the job -
Living in denial is a gift but real world is different.

barisb
What's the field of ur study?
For some fields, There are many international degrees can b taken this way

Oh really ? One of the GM of EMC is a graduate of KFUPM and another director is graduate of KAU university working in Riyadh and Dubai respectively

Ex VP MENA of Cisco is graduate from KSU. All these guys are highly paid (mashallah)

Geez I wonder how these guys ended up in MNC

U proved my point instead of denying it. - To know how u proved it, check Those guys resumes & the (MNC)s they are working with.
However, If we supposed ur proofs r right, 1- Divide those guys & all the similar successful (MNC)s leaders who had been graduated from KSA Unis by the total of the graduated & compare it with other Unis.
2- Compare those guys salaries with others graduated from European or American Unis occupying the same positions in similar Companies.
3- Check these global Unis rankings:
http://www.usnews.com/education/best-gl … s/rankingshttps://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/ … ection/asc

Anyway the discussion is pointless. because of the lack of Neutrality & we're ruining the topic for our friend here.
If u still want to discuss it further, we should open another topic for it.

Sorry barisb

^ oh bro.

What can I say...never mind!

Seem like you are a victim of your own comment "Some people reply without reading or they just read without understanding"

Hey,
To answer the question, for some field of studies, yes you can study Masters here in Jeddah and since you didn't specify what type of study , then my answer will be with a focus on MBA.

There are a number of Universities that offers MBA programs  where students either needs to attend classes on daily ,weekly or monthly bases. Examples are;

King Abdulaziz University (full time)

Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (Egypt)and Maastrcht University (Holland) both In collaboration with Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (you attend weekends and monthly classes)

CBA- Dahaban (University of Business & Technology) (full time)

University of Leeds ( you attend monthly classes)

EBS Heriot Watt University with The training & Education Services Company-Jeddah (weekend Classes)

also look at www.cambridgekipp.com

The information might be outdated since it has been sometime since I was interested on this topic.

Good luck

LOL

Thank you ahmadaq, hamudi ande formidable.   :)

MBA classes are held in the evenings and you don't need to change your visa status. If you are a full time employee you can do MBA as the classes start after 5:00 PM. In fact they usually run from 6:00-9:00PM.
This includes other programs. You need to check the privet colleges for more details.

The bottom line: yes you can do your master degree without changing your visa status or quitting your job.