Information needed about funds to show to get PR

All esteemed members,

I need a little information regarding canada PR.I am thinking to apply canada PR from India.I am 32 yrs old married man with a kid having 10 yrs exp in IT.

What  I have learnt through browsing is that you need to have sufficient funds before landing in Canada.So my question is Can I apply PR with my familly(wife and kid) and then go alone first as I would need to show less funds(arounf CAD$ 11000) compared to going with family(around CAD $ 18000) ?

Also When exeactly do we need to show these funds? at the time of applying PR or at the time of actually going to Canada?

Hello,
the answer is definitely NO. Why, because if you don't fill in application forms then later on it will be way more difficult to make them come to Canada after you. That process could last forever. My advice is to apply all of you and find solution in a bank for those amount you need to present. You do not show your money on point of enter in Canada, you just need to have a bank statement in the time when you apply-bank confirmation letter.

Good luck.