Email pals?

Hi,

Interested to befriend someone within the country. I have many assumptions and questions about the area. It's been a long brewed dream that I may one day visit Cambodia for an extended period and perhaps commit to staying long term.
I am 32, male, Canadian resident. I have a varied collection of subjects of intrigue, talents and hobbies that perhaps might be of common interest for general discussion. Not looking for a place to stay or a business partner. It would just be nice to find some friendly chat buddies while forming my vision of the future.
Not limited to a particular age range or gender.

Hey,

I'm headed over in 2.5 weeks. I'll be happy to give you the lowdown :)

Hey thanks so much magicmaura :) I wish you the best of luck :)
Did you end up learning any Khmer? Youtube has a few videos on basic phrases that are helpful and I have been trying out the Memrise and Anki phone apps which may prove useful. However, a text with phonetic English pronunciation would certainly speed up my guesswork. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I 've learned one word. There's not a whole lot materials out there, but you should check out "Cambodian for Beginners" by Richard Gilbert. It's a workbook and comes with four audio discs.

Hey guys,

I'm Reeiison 40 yr old male from Malaysia & living in PP for past 2 months.
Working as project manager for Telecom Cambodia.
Since it's going to be a long holiday break next & bet PP is going to be very quiet.
It will be great to meet new friends over a drink next week.
I live close to Russian Market. My # **********************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi,

I am a Malaysian living in PP as well. Do you guys wanna come out for a drink sometime?

Sure why not?..where & when?