Freelancers visa in HH?

My wife and I are planning on moving to Germany from the USA this autumn and applying for freelancer's visas — I'm a computer professional and she's a yoga teacher but we are thinking of also getting CELTA-certified to be able to teach English, to broaden our income possibilities.

I've been looking at Berlin but it seems the market is fairly flooded with English teachers (or is it?).  So I was thinking about Hamburg, where I've lived for a year long ago (wonderful city).

But when I hear of artist's/freelancer's visas I really only hear about Berlin (I have several friends in Berlin who are doing OK on artists visas). 

Is it possible to do it in Hamburg as well?  Is it harder to get a freelancer's visa there? Could we try to get freelancer's visas in Berlin, and if it didn't work out there, move to Hamburg?

Thanks for any info!

Hey!

You posted this a few months ago so I'm not sure if you need the info anymore, but I'm writing it just in case.

You can get a freelance visa anywhere in Germany! You need a couple of job offers in order to apply though. Well, having at least two job offers is a smart thing to do anyway. You'll have a better chance. I'm pretty sure that you don't NEED a CELTA certification if you have a bachelor's degree at all of the language schools, but I suppose it will open more doors for you.

I know it's late and not a lot of information, but maybe it will help anyway.

Good luck with everything!