Case Processing times for applications in the Philippines

Yes. I've been married since july 2014 with a norwegian man. And since then I've been staying in Norway while waiting for the answer of UDI.

I kinda remember that i answered the questionnaire in the application like this:

Q: Is the marriage arranged? If yes, by whom?
A: yes, by both parties.

I just realize, could it be one of the reason why they declare that it is doubtful and they sent it to udi coz I misunderstood the question and i said it was arranged (what i meant that time is we arranged/organized it to make it possible to happen) but what they meant on that question is the possibility of arranged marriage? Ohh my!  :o:(

hi ace.

i would like to note that this thread is about applications sent to the Norwegian Embassy in the Philippines.. please read my first post on page one of this thread here: Case Processing times for applications in the Philippines - page 1

most stories shared here are submitted to the embassy in the Philippines, which is different compared to submitting ur case to the politi within Norway.. coz submission of applications in the Philippines gives us a chance for a faster approval waiting time..  this may have been causing ur confusion...

hi Shelly.

perosnally, i dont think it is the reason since arranged marriage is not really part of our Filipino culture (like how chinese and indian cultures practice them) so its possible that the case officer at the embassy knew it was a misunderstanding of the question.. but to ease ur mind off of it,  u can try the link given by TextheNorse:

TextheNorse wrote:

You have to be logged in at UDI, then:

http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/f … documents/

orginal post here

try create a one page explanation of ur "misunderstanding" of the question, and explain what u really meant.. to clarify that it wasnt an arranged marriage..

Hi Pheebz..

I have a Norwegian bf for over 5yrs now..and we are planning to get married soon on my next visit in Norway via tourist visa. Btw, i have been in Norway 4x together with my son(from previous marriage). I read that you also went to the same situation..so i guess you are the best person to ask. After marriage, we plan to go back in Phi and apply for family reunification visa. Im only worried about my son..(though my first marriage had been already declared null and void) he still carry his father's last name. I wonder if you had the same problem with your daughter? Pls share me your experience. Thank you

Hi Bjem.

congrats on ur up coming wedding :) I will direct you to my other thread, Marriage in Norway with Visitor's Visa (Tourist Visa) which i think is a more relevant thread to you case. i had answered your question there too. :)

Hello everyone! :)

Got a good news from UDI and the embassy yesterday that i was granted a visa. I am so happy! :)

I am encouraging those applicants who were forwarded to UDI that there is still hope to be granted a visa fast, i only waited 5 weeks. :)

wow.!  thats good news.! im so happy for you shelly :) ur family will be reunited again soon..

thank you so much for sharing.. :) this is the first time i've heard that someone forwarded to UDI got a fast result, and its just 5 weeks.!  :top: it is really good to know that UDI still processes faster especially if its not a complicated case...

btw, did u send them that file explaining about "arranged marriage confusion"?

Yes pheebz, thank you! :) So glad to know that UDI is not that slow. Hehe i was about to send that explaination to udi but i suddenly recieve an email from them and the embassy, i can't believe and i thought it was just a prank or something! Haha  :D

Btw, are you in norway now or when will you go there? :)

im still in the Philippines... some paperwork to be done ;) are you done with CFO? u need to attend the guidance and counseling seminar.. u dont need to bring ur daughter with you at CFO,  but u need to register her too so u both get the CFO Emigrant stickers in ur passports... check this site for more details:
www.cfo.gov.ph

Yes, i have been to CFO before and attended the seminar, i already got my certificate. What i just need is the exit clearance from them. :)

Do i still need to register my daughter even if she already has her Norwegian Passport?

oohhh... yea,  i remember she is a dual citizen :P

hmn,  this was actually explained at the seminar i just attended,  and i dont remember what the counselor said  :lol: but does she have a Philippine passport?

Ohh maybe i can just call the embassy and ask them, yes she also have a Philippine passport. :)

as far as i know, an immigration visa is part of the requirements to get the emigrant sticker on ur passport.. ur daughter being a Norwegian citizen don't have one, since she dont need one.. so maybe she don't need the sticker as long as u use her Norwegian passport...

but please try contact CFO and confirm this, just to be sure:
CFO Contact Page - cfo.gov.ph

just to share, below is how the emigrant sticker looks like. this is attached to a page in ur passport:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTXKoyH2w0E7BK_RWLNFoP5L7HbXOBrr5TCzdBtxKwSjumtqv5EHDsCfun

Ok, i will contact CFO then, thank you so much for sharing!  :top::)

Congratulations shelly!!!
I told you juat think positive and now it's there :)

Thank you stephy! :)
Just so happy i got it fast even if it was forwarded to UDI. 😊

hi shelly.
just to share to u and on this thread as well,  dual citizens dont need to be registered at CFO.. :)

Ok pheebz, thank you for that information! :):top:

no need po..same case..  .sa anak ko wala na problema...sa immigration tiningnan lang both passport philippine/norwegian...thn oks na
kya kailangan may ph. passport din talaga
..just share😉😉😉

miraian wrote:

no need po..same case..  .sa anak ko wala na problema...sa immigration tiningnan lang both passport philippine/norwegian...thn oks na
kya kailangan may ph. passport din talaga
..just share😉😉😉

Hello

Could you please write Only in English when participating on the anglophone version of the site please?

Thank you

Regards
Kenjee

Hi everyone! :) I am really happy to see that there are lots of Filipino here.

I am a Filipina too, from Cavite. I have a Portuguese fiance, but he is currently working and living in Stavanger, Norway.

Can you give me advice on where to start if I want to process my paper so we can be together?

Thank you much, I will highly appreciate every response. Thanks!

hi ponpon

welcome to expat-blogs :)

i had posted a response to your thread here:
Is there any Filipino here? I really need help.

Hi..

I am.planning to apply family reunification spouse visa..

Im just wondering how long does it usually takes to get it approved..and is there also chance that my application wil be forwarded to UDI..i am married with a child..my baby is now having his norwegian passport..and also can u give me brief copy of the requirements that we need to submit

hi runehm

case processing times depends on different cases...  i would suggest you to read this thread from the beginning (click this link >>>  page 1).. a lot of Filipina applicants had shared their wating experiences..

as for the requirements, the following websites are a good place to start:
- UDI website, UDI is norway's immigration bureau
- Royal Norwegian Embassy in the Philippines website

hope this helps..

Hi everyone...

My visa is granted just now!!!

Congratulations :)

Gratz!

1. When did you apply?
2. What kind of application?
3. Where did you deliver it?

Hi texthenorse
I applied july 9
With a fiancé visa
I submitted it in vfs global

hi maricris1991
I wanna know if you had your authenticated certificates legalized? how much did you pay and how long does it takes? did you had it on VFS?
thank you for the info.

Hey guys.

Is anyone here who have been applying for fiancee visa last month Sept.17?
Did you got the result or heard from them?
Because I havn't heard from them since I applied.

thankd

ladyvamp wrote:

hi maricris1991
I wanna know if you had your authenticated certificates legalized? how much did you pay and how long does it takes? did you had it on VFS?
thank you for the info.

Yes i had them and i paid like 1600 i think.. Im not sure .. But twas less than 2000 peso.. And i waited 5 hours ...in royal norwegian embassy 😊

Thank you Maricris1991 and congratulations!
btw where will you be in norway

ladyvamp wrote:

Thank you Maricris1991 and congratulations!
btw where will you be in norway

I will be in oslo.,, it feels so great knowing that we will be seeing each other again 😍... I hope you can get good result everyone!!!

Hello :) anyone here knows the procedures on how to get marry in norway? I am currently an aupair here in norway and i have a norwegian bf. Me and my bf's planned  to get marry before my aupair visa expires. My question is : am i allowed to get married even im just using aupair visa? Or do i have to end my aupair visa and apply for fiancee visa? I hope you guys can help me because i am so confused of rules on how aupair can get marry to a norwegian guy. Ooops sorry for my poor english grammar :p thanks everyone hope to get an answer from u guys :) have a nice day :)

hi bhebhe.

this thread is about case processing/waiting times for residence permit  applications submitted to the Philippines so your question is off-topic..

to get a more related answes, please try to read thru these threads,  or post ur question on more related threads:
- Fiancée Visa
- About Fiancée Visa

or better yet,  you can start ur own thread :) maybe other members who had gone thru the same situation will be able to see ur thread and answer you.

thank you and i wish u all the best..

Hello bhebhe...
About ur case i think you are allowed to get married as long as your visa is not expired yet,im not 100% sure but i know that you can get married while you are on aupir visa...i have cousin here in norway and working as an aupir she get married before her visa end,so for you to be sure,you can go and try to inquire at the politi or udi im sure they will tell you what you need to do...

Goodluck!😊😊😊😊

Thanks pheebz :) such a big help :)

Thank you lynde :) have a nice day :)

Since skatteetaten website says you just need proof of residence or legal stay and that is your au pair visa

You can read here in this link that explained in details the procedures :) I know the title say getting married on touriat visa but it can also apply to your situation.

FAQ: getting married on tourist visa