Apartment or room to rent

Hi

We haven't found a place to stay yet!

Does anyone know of anything?

My husband an I are happy to take a room or rent an apartment on a short term lease whilst we find our feet

Any help appreciated.

Hello Maria :)

Did you try the Kenyan Classifieds yet? There is an Accommodation section which contains quite a few ads :)

Hope this helps
Arlette

Hello there,
i have got a proposal to work @Nairobi in a mnc logistics company they are located at gilgil road, off enterprise road, my wife wud be a homemaker and two little kids aged 5 and 6 months. am worried about some potential security issues for people who may be new to this beautiful country. would be you please guide me on living,educational costs and general safety parameters.
first few months, i intend to stay alone and get the family once my feet are grounded firm.
rgds/
shaheed

Hi shaheed! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I suggest you to start a new discussion on the Nairobi forum. You are a bit off topic here.

Thank you and good luck
Christine

Hello,
   Read your message... The figure on your budget cannot be right?  You need to have an idea of location, size and period you intend to rent - say one year, a few months...
   I will find a place that will meet your requirement.

Regards.

Kessy

Hi Maria

May be this is not the right approach? You can't trust anyone or anybody to stay with and vice versa. The best thing you can do is to get a 1 BHK flat at may be norfolk apartments right opposite to KBC. It would cost you not more than 85,000 Ksh per month. And I guess within a month you can find yourself a nice apartment or flat using the services of any of the real estate agencies. I would strongly recommend Hass Consult. You can have a look at their rental properties at hassconsult.co.ke/hass/index.php

Thanks me once you find yourself a luxurious apartment. ;)

hi Maria,
firstly, good luck with your plans to come to kenya.
then you need to be careful with quoting your budget on here, it can get messy with cons.

if you are interested i run a homestay accommodation in karen,
its quite homely and secure.

check out dahlesplace.com

or email me [email protected]

thanks,
fridah

Any luck yet. I can recommend you to someone who got us a nice apartment in Kilimani.

Bog, your friend should post in the classifieds ;)