Looking for friends to practice English

Hello everyone, I'm looking for friends to practice English with me. I'm studying English linguitics and literature but I don't have many chances to practice and I want to practice with foreigners's accent. Vietnamese are also okay, we can help each other. We can hang out or just drinking coffee together on weekend and talk about anything :) I'm also learning Japanese, so you guys who are learning Japanese are very welcome :)

See you on skype ! ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Foreigner's accent? What do you want? Aussie, Brits, American Southern accent? Pick one and let us know. On second thought, it would be nearly impossible for you to imitate unless you find a professional language coach to train you to 'fake' it like those Hollywood actors do in the movies. You should focus first on pronunciating the words properly then imitate a 'foreign' accent once you had perfected that.

I will add you :D

I don't want to imitate, I just want to practice with foreigners so that my pronunciation and my listening ability will be better :)

sarahtran wrote:

I don't want to imitate, I just want to practice with foreigners so that my pronunciation and my listening ability will be better :)

Imitation is a good way to learn English, i think so.
Anyway we may make friend and exchange learning English experiences as well.
Just private message me if you are interested in ^^
Cheers,
Minh

Hello sarahtran,

Please drop an advert in the appropriate section of the website : Language Exchange in Ho Chi Minh City

Thank you in advance,
Bhavna

Hi, I can help you by a conversation. Yeah maybe just a cup of coffee and let us pravtice about your english. I can also speak little chinese mandarin. Please feel free to contact me thru here. Thank you

Hi bro, i can help you with a conversation to practice your english vocabulary. Just feel free to message me here

Hey,

We should definitely talk.

We can learn from each other. But, I am far away so we can only talk over Skype.

What do you think?

Im sorry i dont have skype account, only with viber, line messenger and whats app applications. You can search me thru my Facebook account, simply type my name its Amado Olinarez Benitez Jr

amadobenitezjr wrote:

Im sorry i dont have skype account, only with viber, line messenger and whats app applications. You can search me thru my Facebook account, simply type my name its Amado Olinarez Benitez Jr

Hi bro,
     Nice to meet you. i would love to expand my relationship with people around. So i'll add friend you via facebook and hope that we can gather for some coffee as well as exchange culture.
    I am Vietnamese, call me Minh.
    Cheers.

So many threads like this asking about practicing English with a foreigner. Don't you guys watch Sesame Street? That's how immigrants in the states practice their English. Don't believe me just ask Big Bird or Elmo.

Cloud9 wrote:

So many threads like this asking about practicing English with a foreigner.

People are always lazy to find some same topics. Maybe Mod/Admin should create a making-friend topic for some new members, hopefully they will not create many topics like this! I doubt if they can really find some friends to practice English!
But at least, some people here have chances to "meet" some hidden people ;)!

There  is always the gathering we have ...The team group we have ....We always meet up and I only speak English at the moment...so join us and pm. Gathering tmr too.....hihi

@sarahtran
Since you are a student of linguistics you may find this video interesting. World Englishes.
As people say "be comfortable in your own shoes", the same applies to English speaking as well. Fluency is the key. You can adopt an accent of your choice later, if you like.
Grab ANY opportunity that comes your way to speak out in English. Good luck!

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + post in the Language classes in Ho Chi Minh City svp

hello, my's name Tuan, i'm also looking for friend to pratice E, Nice to make friend with you,

nice to meet u

Hello i'm Nelson a Pilipino musician a pianist i read your post and i am so interested to have friends here in Viet Nam!

Free English speaking club every Friday evening from 7:00pm - 9:00pm, hosted by Sebatien who is an English teacher at VUS at room 20.8 (20th fl., room #8), Quoc Cuong Gia Lai, 421 Tran Xuan Soan, Tan Hung Ward, D.7, HCMC. Contact the team leader for subject to prepare weekly: [email protected].

Hope it helps.

Hi,
We just comfirmed our this monthly gathering as follow:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=519350

Come and join us. Most speaks in English but there is no language restrictions.  See you
Cheers
Richard

Shall we do a language exchange? You teach me a bit of Vietnamese or the language you speak and I'll practice E with you. I also want to show you the audios they train accents in Hollywood and the book that teaches Neutral American Accent.

I am a native English speaker from the US - the Southwest US, where there is no accent. And I like to talk! Let me know when and where.

YayWang wrote:

Shall we do a language exchange? You teach me a bit of Vietnamese or the language you speak and I'll practice E with you. I also want to show you the audios they train accents in Hollywood and the book that teaches Neutral American Accent.

Let's exchange language and make friend...
Cheers,
Minh

Dear all,
My name Maxx Nguyen. Nice to meet all members expat-blog. I hope more opportunity to practice E