Do you think i will be able to move to the USA ?

Hello everyone! I live in Brazil, Belo Horizonte city.
I would like really to move to USA for start a new life with my wife and my kids. I want   they have a better life and other customs.
I love sports (especially swim and soccer), music and trips.
I'm a project manager and work in a great world consultant enterprise with roles in USA. I need improve my english for get a role in 2 years. This is my plan, will be possible?

Hello there Andreatti,

Welcome on board  :)

I created a new thread on the USA forum from your post so that you may have some feedbacks.

Any idea in which city or region you would like to move ?

I suggest you download the USA expat Guide and read through it to gather some infos.

Best of luck, :happy:
Bhavna

Hi Bhavna,

I would like to move to Atlanta or Phoenix.

In Atlanta because there are some roles in the company  in that work, and Phoenix because my best friend lives in there.

Thanks for your tips and if you need help in Brazil, I'll be glad to help.

Regards

Wilson Andreatti

Andreatti wrote:

I would like really to move to USA for start a new life with my wife and my kids. I want   they have a better life and other customs.
I'm a project manager and work in a great world consultant enterprise with roles in USA. I need improve my english for get a role in 2 years. This is my plan, will be possible?

Well, I'm not so sure about your chances on getting permanency in the USA, but I can tell you that you'd probably be far better off, and more likely to succeed by setting your sights a bit farther north... to Canadá.

The Canadian people are much more multicultural (like Brazilians), and every major city in Canada has a large Brazilian community. Brazilians are received in Canada  "de braços abertos", probably much moreso than in the USA too. The cost of living in Canada is lower in most cases and the minimum wage in Canada ranges from $10.50 to $12.50 CAD per hour (R$27,71 até R$33,00 por hora) depending on the province, while in the USA the minimum wage is $7.25 USD per hour (R$25,08 por hora).

Canada has a much lower population and is one of the safest nations on earth. (Source UNODC - United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime). If you're looking for a good place to raise your children you won't go far wrong with Canada. Not that I'm putting the USA down, but I know if it were me making the choice Canada would be the winner hands down.

Why don't you visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada official government website, fill out the online information and see if you would qualify for a visa?

www.cic.gc.ca/english

I'm sure it would be time well spent.

If you'd like more information about my homeland, feel free to send me a private message. I'm completely fluent in Portuguese (after studying the language in Canada and living here in Brazil for over 13 years now) so you can communicate with me in Portuguese if you feel more comfortable doing so. I'll be more than happy to give you whatever information I can.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team
Macaé - RJ (tb. morava em BH)

Andreatti wrote:

Agree with James, Canada is a better place for you than USA, much more Immigrant friendly.  Either place is better than Brazil, good luck.