Hiring a nanny

Hi, We recently moved to Canada regarding my husband's work. Now I am ready to start working and is in search of a good nanny. We have spoken to a nanny placement agency here in Calgary called Diamond Personnel. And they are sending in candidates for interviews. Since I am new here, can someone please tell me the things I should check for sure before hiring one.

RE: Nanny/Baby-sitter Position, Toronto

My name is Chau,  (Nguyen Thi Ngoc Chau) and I am 28 years old. I am writing to apply for the position of Nanny/Baby-sitter advertised a few days ago on your website.
My application for this position results from a desire for a change of position after working since graduation in a commercial environment in HCMC in Vietnam. Although I take pride in my work and I have proven to be a reliable and hard-working employee, I am seeking a change of direction to work in a role as a Nanny where I can take care of children (or a child) and assist with normal domestic duties. The main reason for the desired change is to work with children (or child) and work in a country that is new to me and experience  a change of culture.
I am a hard-working, reliable, diligent and caring Vietnamese woman who is well-trained in domestic requirements and am seeking an opportunity in an interesting environment like Toronto. I love young children and would feel very happy to be able to work as a Nanny.
Naturally I speak Vietnamese and English is my second language.
I have attached a CV for your consideration and I would welcome the opportunity of an interview to support my application.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,
Nguyen Thi Ngoc Chau

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

@ Ngoc Chau > This topic is quite old, please post your job search in the jobs in Toronto section so as to raise your chances.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Dear ,Priscilla
Thank you, your reply. i didnt notice about the time that this post was so old.  Thank you  so much

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Digging up old thread
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct