When does High season prices start?

I have been fortunate to get great 'low' season prices for accommodation but lately some hotels are saying the prices while be going up, double?... and cannot tell me when exactly.
I realize their may be a big influx of tourists over the next few months but is there a specific set date for price increases?

The high tourist season usually runs from the start of October until the end of March, with numbers peaking from the end of November till the end of February. The dates of which high season prices begin/end are set by individual establishments, so it is best to check directly with them.

Thanks for that info rarky.
:top:

Edit, just noticed my question was on the Snookyville page? I will assume those high season dates are also for Siem Reap.
Thanks again.

Yes, tourist season dates are based on the weather seasons, and the high tourist season also coincides with (mostly) Southern hemisphere holiday seasons.

I HAVE A BRAND NEW 3 RM APT. (SONGVA KONG) EARLY BIRD $250 MO. MOST OTHERS AS NICE RUN $350-400. I SIGNED FOR 3 MOS AND WILL MOST LIKELY START TRAVELING USING HOSTELS (HCMC $6.72 DAY INCLUDING FREE B/FAST-RATED EXCELLENT).I'M TOLD BY MY G/FRIEND THAT HIGH SEASON STARTS LATE OCT-NOV. I'D GET A SHORT TERM APT AND BEAT THE PRICES RAISES IF IT WERE ME. HOPE THIS HELPED!
DAVE (75 YR OLD FROM OMAHA-USA)

Appreciated Dave, as the Aussie dollar is getting knocked about I'm looking to get an 'early bird' special.
Cheers.