Looking for help and advice

Hey,

I'm Terry, I'm 25 and married, living in the UK. I've joined Expat.com to look for some advice, help and knowledge from those who have previously left their home countries for foreign climes.

My wife is an Indian national who I met when she was studying at university in the UK. At the end of her studying her visa required her to return to India, however we managed to keep our relationship long distance and I visited India regularly and in January we were married. However since then we gave struggled to get her a visa to join me in the UK as my wife. There is no real reason for this as we are a genuine relationship, both university graduates (she has a masters degree in biotechnology), and I earn +£35k per annum in a steady job as a port machine driver.

Due to our continuing struggle to get Sneha in the UK, which is fast diminishing our savings, we are considering our options for a better life elsewhere in the world. Our ideal countries to move to would be New Zealand, Canada (where I have family) or Costa Rica. However we are open to anything, so if anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated, as being married but nationals of different countries we are unsure of the best ways to proceed.

Cheers

Hi Terry,

welcome on board  :)

If you had to choose one country to start with, what would it be ?

We may start by your first choice, create a topic on the corresponding forum so that you may gather some infos and move to the other forums.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Hi Bhavna,
Thanks for the speedy reply.
I shall do exactly that. My wife and I would probably put New Zealand as our first choice so will start there.

Cheers.

Hi again Terry,

Seems like a good choice to start with. ;)

So i am closing this thread. Here is the link to your topic on the New Zealand forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=509852

Best of luck, :happy:
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed

Find activities and meet other expats

OR