Where to hire cook, driver, guide in Vietnam and how much to pay?

Hello, I will be staying in Vietnam for a month in January to February of next year with my family and we would like to hire some people to help us out while we are there. We would like to hire a cook to prepare delicious Vietnamese dishes for us in our home, as well as a driver, and an interpreter/guide to show us the sights.

We want to pay a good wage by Vietnamese standards but we don't want to get taken advantage of or pay Western Europe prices.

Can someone give me a rough idea of how much those services would cost to hire someone for a day (or evening in the case of a cook) and where I would go about making those arrangements?

Thanks

Matt

You should go and read "Jobs" forum in this blog and see how much you should pay for.

But in my opinion, with a month, and you hire a cook, a driver and an interpreter/guide, it would cost you a lot of money and not make sure you can hire the best one.

You could spend that money for the good hotel and then try to find the best restaurants, best local  spot foods (with the best masters who cook delicious dishes and all that spots is very easy to find) and look the open tours up, it would more safe and fun, 'cause when you don't like a restaurant or driver's behaviour, you could change them easily.

When you're hired them as a cook/ driver, interpreter already, it's depend on your luck!

Oh, did I talk to much, lol!

it has a topic about looking for a new job (driver):  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=514821

++++

Thanks

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : share your recommendation in private pls