Obtaining a Bahraini driving license

Hi all,

I am currently in the transition of moving to Bahrain from England. I have got a full UK driving license which I know is valid in the EU but I am unaware if I need to exchange it for a Bahraini driving license or not. If someone could advise me that would be much appreciated.

Once you have your CPR you will need to go to the traffic office and get a Bahrain driving license.  As I understand it the process (for those of us with UK licenses) is very straightforward and doesn't take long!  Basic eye check pay the money and get the license!!  I am sure that someone else will be along shortly who has been through the process themselves and can give you further information.  (I think XTang might have done a post on the process a while ago - I'll have a look and try to link to it for you!)

TTFN

S

MummyT was referring to this post https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=291865

I am sure almost the same procedure for UK License as well.

T&R

I can say Yes you can use your UK one here as i did too when i arrived here. You can use it while your CPR is getting processed. Once your CPR is done, i'd make a trip to the Traffic Directorate to complete the process.

I wrote an article detailling what you need and how to go about it. You can find the Link for exchanging UK to Bahrain driving Licence

To get to the Traffic and Licensing Directorate, click on this Link (Traffic Directorate in Bahrain)

Hope this helps and good luck.  :top:

Just a word of advise, the driving here aint like the UK  :P

Thank you for the comments. Much appreciated  :D