Any advice is appreciated, especially "must read" recommendations

Hello!

My wife and I are inching our way forward to an ex-pat life and looking forward to it. I am not 100% sold on Mexico but had to make a choice when joining this blog. Other choices we are considering are Panama, Chile, Brazil (my wife is from there), Ecuador, and the Mediterranean. A lot of ground to research, so why not start with Mexico?

All we know for sure at this time is that we are city lovers, so where ever we end up must be cosmopolitan and a good place to meet entrepreneurs starting online businesses. We are social animals and so enjoy crowded, vibrant, busy places where we can meet a lot of people.

Any advice is appreciated, especially "must read" recommendations, with our thanks!

Brant

Hello Brant,

Welcome on board  :)

I created a new thread from your post on the Mexico forum.

You can check out the Living in Mexico guide so as to get an overview and the Everyday life in Mexico category of the forum.

Hopefully, you will get some feedbacks soon,
Bhavna

Google "mexico expat forums" and you will find plenty of information.  The best ones are expatforum.com & On the Road Mexico Facebook & Travel Buddies On the Road Facebook & Mexconnect.com

Hi Brant

Welcome to the blog and soon to Mexico.
What were your apprehensions to coming, perhaps I and many others can help make the transition for you & your wife smoother?
What city do you plan on living in? How's your Spanish?
For your aforementioned preferences, DF would the obvious choice BUT wait, there are several more beautiful cosmo cities here with a population of 113 million. What do you like and I can help. Even the smaller capitals like Oaxaca de Juaréz are full of charm.
Mexico, as many expats can attest to, is beautiful with its small imperfections like anywhere. Latinos are great people with a vibrant culture and society that is unmatched. That goes for prety much all Latin countries.

Peace