KSA Bank Account

I've been advised that my employer can pay my salary into my UK bank account. Would it be advisable to have a KSA bank account too? If so which one? Or does it not matter?

Once you get your residence your employer must pay you in a local bank account. It is madatory by law. I recommend riyad bank and NCB for their online services and remittances. Remittance to UK usually takes a day or 2 max.

live.ali wrote:

Once you get your residence your employer must pay you in a local bank account. It is madatory by law. I recommend riyad bank and NCB for their online services and remittances. Remittance to UK usually takes a day or 2 max.

Thanks for the advice.

It's not necessary for your employer to pay locally. You can Divide the portion of your salary as per your requirement say 20% locally and 80% overseas bank account. It's always advisable to have local bank account to cater for your needs here in the kningdom.
I would highly recommend SAAB and SAMBA bank for western expats !!

saimans wrote:

It's not necessary for your employer to pay locally. You can Divide the portion of your salary as per your requirement say 20% locally and 80% overseas bank account. It's always advisable to have local bank account to cater for your needs here in the kningdom.
I would highly recommend SAAB and SAMBA bank for western expats !!

Thanks for the advice.

Once you arrive here, and have all your papers processed (Iqama etc), you can ask your colleagues at work as well, which banks they use and prefer, but definitely have a local bank account...sometimes your UK bank might charge for international transactions, you may need a replacement card, or any unforeseen circumstances, better safe than sorry

alpha.one wrote:

Once you arrive here, and have all your papers processed (Iqama etc), you can ask your colleagues at work as well, which banks they use and prefer, but definitely have a local bank account...sometimes your UK bank might charge for international transactions, you may need a replacement card, or any unforeseen circumstances, better safe than sorry

Thanks for the advice.

Susan Peterson wrote:
alpha.one wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

My duty

Hello

It is mandatory to have a Bank account in Saudi, where employer con transfer my salary
I have initially opened an account in SAR and then a second account in USD currency in a SABB Bank

Question:

Since USD accounts can be opened in SABB, is it legal if the employer transfers the salary to SABB account in USD?

could You provide a link where this is specifically stated?

Many thanks,

Giovanni