Do you have recommendation on banking? Any good lawyer?

My husband Greg(56) and I, Louisa(51) are interested in moving to Panama. We want to start a small business when we move here in few years. Now I am thinking I want to start a business sooner on my own and manage it part time between US and Panama. This way when my husband is ready to retired in few years, the business hopefully will be stable enough for us to enjoy life better. The type of business I'm thinking is specialty drinks and simple snacks cafe.

We visited Panama City back this past April. We are planning another trip back soon to set up bank account. We need all the help on bank and visa set up.
From my understanding, the best visa is the friendly visa? Do you have recommendation on banking? Any good lawyer?

Hi Louisa and Greg,

Welcome on board :)

We have created a new thread as from your post on the Panama Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hello Louisa & Greg,

This is our first trip in Panama. We are currently in Pedasi travelling across the country.

We landed at Tocumen airport and stayed one week in PC.

Within one week, we had a bank account opened and all the formalities for the Temporary Resident Visa done!
We got the Friendly Nations Visa.

We used the service of MAYRA LAMBOGLIA DE RUZZI and her husband Pier.

You can contact them by phone (507) 226-2895 or by email [email protected]

They are an amazing couple and very knowledgeable about Panama Immigration. We could not believe how fast we navigated through the system. Highly recommend them. Tell them you are recommended by Michel & Michelle.

We wish you the very best and looking forward to seeing you in this great country of Panama.

Are they attorney's?

Yes. Mayra is an attorney.

Her website: panamalawyermayralamboglia[dot]com

Thanks everyone for your advise! I will definitely check into that. Wow one week, that's great. How much did it cost you? I got a response from - panama.offshoreww.com, they are asking $5300 for corporation, business account, friendly nation visa and personal bank account. They said Corporation and bank account will take about 2 weeks. The residency process will take about 3-6 months. How did you get yours so fast?

Thanks
Louisa

Opening a Panama bank account is difficult for foreigners as they require a lot of documents and proof that all your funds and income are clean.  U.S. citizens have it even more difficult because of the FATCA law where the U.S. government requires foreign banks to disclose information about U.S. citizens accounts.  Many banks are refusing to open accounts for Americans. 

You might look at opening a bank account totally online with international couriered original documents to offshore countries like Belize, or the BVI. 

As for recommending a Panama law firm.  I used to work for an English speaking Panama law firm called Panama Offshore Legal Services.  You can Google them where you will find their website has lots of good information on many topics like Immigration.

Steven Rich in Panama

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : no free advertising pls