Buying Safe Health Care Products

I just bought some Colgate from Ben Thanh market. And they turned out to be fake. How can that be? I haven't had a cavity in years ... until recently. I can't help but blame it on the fake toothpaste. Anyway, I'm looking for a reliable place to buy health care products, including vitamins and supplements. Does anyone know of a place in town? Cheers.

how did you know it was fake? I don't think fake toothpaste can give you cavity.

Cloud9. I guess if it's fake colgate then most likely it doesn't have ingredients designed to protect your teeth like flouride, etc. May be it was a coincidence but I take very good care of my teeth, don't eat much sweets, and have maintained the same dental hygiene habit for years. Plus there were a few things that I also noticed: the tube size was kinda odd (not the standard sized tube or the travel size) and the taste was off. I've used Colgate for many years and I bought them directly from the US.

Anyway, it's not a big deal but I definitely want to buy health products from a reliable source. Any suggestions?

JamesWeir wrote:

Cloud9. I guess if it's fake colgate then most likely it doesn't have ingredients designed to protect your teeth like flouride, etc. May be it was a coincidence but I take very good care of my teeth, don't eat much sweets, and have maintained the same dental hygiene habit for years. Plus there were a few things that I also noticed: the tube size was kinda odd (not the standard sized tube or the travel size) and the taste was off. I've used Colgate for many years and I bought them directly from the US.

Anyway, it's not a big deal but I definitely want to buy health products from a reliable source. Any suggestions?

I'll tell you what..I'm coming to VN in mid Sept and I'll pack an extra Colgate from the good ol' USA for you. Free of charge. Don't wanna see you get cavity from not brushing with a proper toothpaste :) You can use baking soda in place of a toothpaste if they have such a thing in VN.

U can go to THUY NGAN shop at old market ( Vietnamese call chợ cũ) nửa Ben Thanh market on Tôn. Thất đạm street.  There are not too much health products but Colgate I think ok.

poor you. i just moved here with my husband last year and have 2 young kids. getting high quality health products is definitely challenge for me.  i resort to a few things:

1. ask your friends to hand carry the stuff for you from abroad. you can bet that it's 100% real. seems like you got some offers already.
2. stock up when you head back home like i do.
3. try some local pharmacies in the city. one i can think of is My Chau, i think it's a chain. not sure if they have colgate but i'm sure it has other health products.
4. my friends are into this online store called hoacam.com. they are in the US but i think they ship products directly to vietnam. has great shipping rates.
5. check with amazon.com, some sellers are willing to ship internationally. not sure what the shipping rates are. it's worth a try.

i hope this helps.