30k USD annual pension. Can i lead comfortable life in Davao?

For the record, as to living costs, I just received my power bill, and it's 2600.00 peso; water is about 320.00, so utilities total about 3000.00.

I run aircons, fridges, have electric cooking and hot water; TV is on for hours each day.

I have a SUV ( Toyota ), and a 2 tonne truck.

I own the house near Toril, which has a floor space of 140 square meters, 3 bedrooms, 2 CR's; lounge,dining, kitchen is open plan; tiled throughout, fully aircon, fitted bedrooms, and it cost me 3000000.00 all inclusive a couple of years ago.

Owning the house etc, my costs to live in Davao as a married man, does not exceed 25,000.00 per month, and we don't go short on anything.

Have a mango farm in North Cotabato, have fenced it, half with cyclone and barbed wire with bouganvilleas growing on the wife ( ouch ), the other half is high brick; have an 8 x 8 meter garage, 9.5 x 7.5 meter swimming pool, 4 bedroom house with two large CR's, the biggest one has a large jacuzzi; it has a central atrium garden 3 x 6 meters, central zoned aircon, with separate aircon to master bedroom; 8 camera CCTV system, lots of 50 watt LED spotlights, security grills and doors everywhere, gardens are all landscaped, massive length concrete driveway - now this has cost me, so far, about 6 million peso, which is about $130000.00 USD, or less than $170000.00 aud.

It has solar hot water, a deep well system, holding tanks, pressure tanks, and a 5kv generator, and soon the generator will go to 15kv with the motor being run on wood gas, so it has no utilities costs.

My caretaker costs 6000.00 per month, and that includes him, his wife and kids - hey,
I have to stop them from working.

My wife is putting in 12 egg layers, 5 goats both for milk and grass mowing; we have many mango trees, and I recently planted 40 citrus trees, 15 dwarf papayas, additional bananas and a few cocos; what we don't consume, is given away, so we always have helpers.

By Philippines standards, this place is a resort/private compound.

If you put in a good pre-loved SUV, all up it would be about 7 million, or if I was offered 8.5 million, that would be the true value; try doing this in Australia, UK, US, you could not.

Now, it's only new, but costs to run it and live there, if it cost me more than 50,000.00 peso per month, I would think my throat was cut.

So I have given you 2 real examples of living western style in the Philippines,western style, heavily influenced by Filipino thoughts and ideals.

Back to health insurance, I went through getting quote after quote from expensive providers who deal with people like us, and I then contacted a couple of travel insurance companies, and one of them, with full disclosure by me, on where I am, and living here permanently, I can get 11.5 months per year for just over $1000.00 aud- beats the hell out of $7000.00.

You have plenty of money.   The big variables are as always ; ladies and booze.   Those are the main budget drainers.    If you drink heavy or intertain ladies regular,  then that changes things.
As for buying anything in the PI.    Don't do it!
Rent only.

Figure rent. U.S.  $250 to $500 a month gated subdivision. $500 a month is high end living.  Utilities on the large side. $250. That is with AC on 24/7 & big screen tv.  Food 1/2 of what you pay in America. Basic food few frozen diners here. Cloths if you learn how to shop. Shirts $2 pants $5. More if you shop at the malls. good shoes $30 flip flops $1 up. Taxies are cheap so $20 to $50 a month depending on how far out of town. Other $200 a month.  So more than enough.  So figure $1,500 a month up for a good life here. Women, smokes, booze is extra.  Davao might cost more. Not from there.